Call waiting feature NEEDED NOW

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I know for my business if a call waiting feature is not added soon I will be going to another vendor. It's ridiculous when I'm on a Ring Central line and someone calls my device # it places my Ring Central call on hold NO WARNING. Very awkward not to mention unprofessional. Get it together soon RC or i'm out! 
Photo of Robert Kinkead

Robert Kinkead

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,576 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Robert couple of questions here.  What type of phone are you using?

I always have the ability to answer an inbound call or let it go to voice mail.

How is your call flow setup?

Chuck
Certified RingCentral Consultant
Chuck@yoritguy.com
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 20,380 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@RobertKinkead This sounds like a configuration issue on your setup - not something RingCentral did to your system.   If you are genuinely interested in solving the issue, detailing what phones you have on the account and how you have them configured would be more useful than opening your post with a ranting threat to leave RingCentral.

Have you discussed this with your RingCentral Customer Account manager?

Have you opened a tech support case? 

(Edited)
Photo of Robert Kinkead

Robert Kinkead

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I appreciate your concern advice and I am normally a patient person but when I am told by tech support there is nothing that can be done I tend to get a little irate. There should at least be a work around, and if it is a settings issue then they (tech) should have advised accordingly. So...not a rant......frustration.
Photo of Benjamin Pina

Benjamin Pina

• 1,018 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I agree. Just some configuration issues. Fix your system!!
Photo of Mark Bartoszek

Mark Bartoszek

• 458 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Fix your attitude!!! The guy was just expressing his frustration, and he already spoke to tech support. If you don't know how to fix his issue, why even post anything at all?
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 60,246 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Robert, we need more details. What's happening? Walk me through this example and what's going on