Call Queue name on screen - show called extension

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
I have multiple call groups, and they go to some overlapping people. I would like the phone to show which extension was dialed to the call recipient when the call comes in from a call group, so they know how they were reached.

I know this can be done for extensions, under Call Handling > Incoming Call information but I do not see a way to do this for this for a call queue.
Photo of Aaron

Aaron

• 1,230 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Richard Manuel

Richard Manuel, Employee

• 906 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call queue Identifier.

Hi! It would be nice if we have the capability to show the Name of the call queue on the screen so we can identify which call has been routed to the user. We understand that there is an announcement, however it would be best if we can also see it on the screen like Visual. Hopefully, this feature will become an option. Thank you! 
Photo of Larry Solheim

Larry Solheim

• 388 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
RC... can't you see that this is a very important if not critical issue for many of us?  I have personally sent very explicit explanations of how this works well with other providers (8x8 for example).  It seems that you have the bones to do this, but no one seems to fully understand why the current workarounds are not usable.  I will try to explain this one more time.

People need to know the call queue name as the call comes in (on the desktop, desk phone  or in the phone app).  I understand that this may be difficult to manage when the call is forwarded, but I think most of us use either the desk phone or phone app.

It is not practical to have to answer the call when you are busy or when you are on another call.  Often people have priority responsibilities to certain call cues (sales or support) but may be backups for others (billing or general inquiries).

Sometimes smaller companies need to know how to answer the incoming call depending on the call queue (i.e. Thanks for calling sales, or support or one company name over another).

Secondary to this is my other major frustration... handling of group, call queue or department voice mail messages.

As it sits now, when  message is left in the group/queue/department vm box, one must log into that specific account to manage the messages.  Alternatively, you can have multiple people receive email notifications regarding those messages, but that routing is not dynamic based on who is currently assigned to that group/queue/department, it is a static list that floods people's inboxes who may or may not need to (or be authorized to) respond to those messages.

In addition, those methods do not allow for others to know if someone has already responded to the message or not.  Often, several people try to respond to the same message and that only frustrates the person who left the message and creates a huge waste of time for the employees.

Every authorized member of the group/cue/department should receive the messages in their RC messages inbox (not email inbox).  They should know if the message came from a particular group/queue/department and whether it has been responded to.  If one member hears it, it is marked as read/listened to.  If they take care of it and they delete it... it is now removed from all other's inboxes.  The best solution would be to have an additional flag on each message (whether it be personal or group) to show if the message has been listened to, is being dealt with or has been satisfied (perhaps with an attached memo).  That would be awesome.

One other suggestion that I had was a separate desktop and/or mobile app that would do nothing more than handle the group/queue/department messages.  If you want to see and manage the messages you sign in... you can even log in/out of specific groups/cues/departments as need be... and most importantly, managers can see an overview of their responsible groups or even the entire company.

Other companies such as 8x8 have created working solutions for this and I have sent examples of their implementation to RC multiple times.  I believe it can still be done better, but at least they are  workable solutions.

As you can see, for yearly 4 years people have been asking for this... many say (like I do) this is an absolute must.  I am a huge supporter of RC.  I have two current accounts and I have been responsible with setting up many others for other companies over the years.  I (as you can see others are) so frustrated that this is being ignored.  In plain words... your current workarounds do not solve the problem or work for most of us.

Please, take another look at this.  I have even offered to visit your offices at my expense if someone would actually take a serious look at these issues.  Features like these could set RC on an even higher pedestal.
Photo of Mike Vu

Mike Vu

• 72 Points
Is there still no workaround or solution to this? This is really important since our teams need to be able to identify certain lines and determine which are the most important to call back. ( emergency queues) 

Anyone else using a workaround for the Mobile app? 
Photo of Daniel Gitlin

Daniel Gitlin

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Im probably going to leave ringcentral if this doesnt get resolved asap.  
Photo of Chad W

Chad W

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
We're in the same boat, and already in the works.  No fans of RC here.
Photo of Daniel Gitlin

Daniel Gitlin

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I cant run my business if my sales staff doesn't know what call queue is ringing on their phones.  Its ridiculous.  
Photo of KERR

KERR

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
agreed.
Photo of James Veal

James Veal, Champion

• 802 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile App - Because i'm a user in a Queue I can not tell on the Mobile App that ....

Because I am a member of a queue, when that queue is called it rings my Mobile App and i'm not sure if that call is for me or for the queue. 
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,594 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
At this time there are only two ways I know of to handle this.

1. Change your user settings to announce queue name when you answer and then you press 1 to take the call.

2. Use the desktop app because it will show there.
Photo of KERR

KERR

Brandon, if you follow option #1, and then do not choose to take the call, will other users in the Queue have the opportunity to take the call?
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,594 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you press #1 you will get the call.  I can't recall off hand, but I think there are more options like #2 to decline or #3 to go to voicemail or transfer.  There should be an option to decline the call and let someone else answer it.

Also, the Chrome extension has gotten a lot better and might be a good option to keep open on the screen as it will indicate the group name. 
Photo of Kevin K

Kevin K

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled queue caller id.

Inbound Caller ID from Queue Calls - Our phone system is for a Pizza Company, We have Multiple Locations over a Large Geographic area. When Call Volumes are heavy our calls go to a queue so the call is answered and the order placed. The PROBLEM is that the members of the call queue dont know which stores call queue they are answering, Having the customers phone number is good, but we also need to know which store they were calling in the first place (queue name) that the queue member is answering? I dont want a message played when the agent answers the phone, I just want them to see on the caller ID, the customers number and the queue name that is calling...
Photo of Larry Solheim

Larry Solheim

• 388 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
As you can read, you are not the first one to ask for this.  I find it frustrating that RC continues to ignore this issue.  It has been asked many different ways with no real response.  Yes, we get the half baked workarounds but as you have stated that is not good enough (for me either).

RC is a great company, with great service and what appears to be a great path going forward.  Because of this issue I have had to use other providers off and on depending on the project at hand.  A while back, I decided to invest my future in RC, with or without this feature.  I am confident that they will one day realize how important this is to their users.

Let's keep the thread up and keep reminding them that we (the paid users of RC) who believe in them and choose them over others deserve a real response to this very basic feature request.
Photo of DYE

DYE

• 1,074 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need caller ID on desk phones to display Call Queues.

We need the ability to make the caller ID on our desk phones display when a call is coming through a Call Queue, the same way the softphone currently displays caller ID.  Please add this feature.  This is very important for our organization.
Photo of CS 4

CS 4

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Would be useful to have call queues show on ring central mobile app like they do ....

Hi we have some dental offices and they all have unique names.  I have created call queues for each of these offices.  We would like to have some employees remotely answering calls for the various offices which would belong to all the queues.  With the desktop app it will show you the name of the call queue that patient dialed so that the employee can know for which office the patient belongs to.  The employee can then change their greeting to say they are with that particular office.  The mobile app doesn't include the call queue name when someone dials, it does however show the number the customer dialed but it would be more intuitive if it showed the call queue name.  Likewise in the caller ID section where you can pick which company number you want to show up on the customer's phone it would be nice if the call queues associated to the numbers showed up there.  All this would require our team memorizing all the phone numbers.  thanks!
Photo of RICHARDS

RICHARDS

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile app - show what extension a caller dialed.

The desktop app shows what extension the caller has dialed... whether it be 0 for the operator or 1 for accounting etc . 
Photo of KERR

KERR

It is absolutely frustrating when a user is a part of multiple call groups. There is NO way for the user to differentiate a direct extension call, or which group is being called.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED if RingCentral wants its clients to grow!
Photo of Naftali W

Naftali W

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Awesome Idea: See which menu caller is coming from.

We have many of our extensions answering calls for more than one department in the company. When a caller rings, we want to know: is this a sales call? Marketing? Warehouse?
We need to know what department the caller picked in the IVR menu before answering the call. 

The solution: Change the Caller ID information to reflect which dept was selected. So, if the Caller ID is "John Doe" and he selected the Sales department, than it would show "SL-John Doe" but if he selected the warehouse it would show "WH-John Doe".

It's a simple feature that could be a major help.

Please everyone vote on this to make it a reality. Let's make RingCentral great again...
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 65,598 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Everyone! I wanted to let you know that our Product Team is working on making Call Queues better next year :) And THIS request has made it onto the To-Do List! As more information becomes available I will share. 
Photo of Naftali W

Naftali W

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, our company just switched to RingCentral from another vendor who had this feature. Can't wait to have this functionality restored in our company. Very important. 
Photo of Meg Weaver

Meg Weaver

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Identifying calls coming from a call queue vs. direct calls within the RingCentra....

1. US

2. Education - customer service, sales representatives

3. I was wondering if it were possible to have the popup notification for a call coming from the call queue in the RingCentral app to say the name and number of the person calling, as well as identifying that the call is coming from the call queue. I just would like our sales team to know if the call is coming in directly to their number, or if it's coming from the queue.

4. Our sales representatives would be able to identify if this were an existing customer calling their line directly, vs. a new customer calling the call queue for information. 

5. This would increase the productivity and efficiency of our sales team.

6. 27 lines/users
Photo of Rona Orenstein

Rona Orenstein, Employee

• 414 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Caller ID in the RingCentral/Glip app to show if the call is from a call queue/hu....

feature request for the caller ID in the RingCentral/Glip app to show us if the call is from a call queue/hunt group or not?
Photo of Meg Weaver

Meg Weaver

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
yep exactly
Photo of Mike Gustavson

Mike Gustavson

• 1,376 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We recently switched to RC, and this is another feature that is so frustrating to not have functional... I can't believe people have been asking for literally 4+ years for this!

I certainly hope it's available soon.
Photo of RICHARDS

RICHARDS

I hope this is available VERY soon its very inconvenient to not know which call queue the caller is from,  
Photo of Drew Gillow

Drew Gillow

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled see call queue on phone.

1. US 
2. Software as a service business
3. We have setup multiple call queue groups (e.g. sales, support, operations, tier 2, tier 3, Help desk).  People would like to know when their phone is ringing (desk, soft, mobile) whether it is a direct call to their extension or if it is a call to a group queue they are monitoring.  If is a group queue, which queue is it?  Ideally it would show the group name, but the assigned extension would be better than nothing.  

We were told by our implementation consultant that we could either see the number being called (which would show the call queue extension) or we could see the caller id of the caller.  Most of the time the caller id of the caller is important information so we don't want to lose that information.

We asked if we could setup different lines on our desk phones to do this and were told that we couldn't do that.  

If this worked on some devices, but not all that would be better than not working at all.

Ideally users could setup different ring tones or rules (silent vs ringing) for different call queue groups or their own extension.

4. use case: individual wants to focus on working, but needs to answer Tier 3 support calls when their phone rings. If the phone rings for other reasons they can let it roll to voicemail (again ideally it would ring differently for Tier 3 than their own extension).  

5. Users can quickly screen a call to know whether it is one they need to answer or not.
Photo of TCooper

TCooper

• 108 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
HOW DO WE GET THIS ACTIONED!!!  This request is over 4 years old with many extremely clear posts of how IMPORTANT this issue is. My posts have been lost on other threads or requests - if you consolidated them all you would get a better idea of how important this is to your user base and these are only the people take the time to post - most users do not.  Where is RC on this issue? Do they even monitor or look at these things?  How do we move forward?  PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK, COMMENTS or EVEN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT!!  Drew's post is very clear on what is needed and why. I fully agree and it becomes even more problematic when a call is passed on to the cellphone network. 4 years is ridiculous! PLEASE RC do something on this!

Hey Everyone! I wanted to post an update that the ability to see the name of the Call Queue pop up is planned to be release in Q2 of this year (barring any unforeseen bugs that may arise).
Photo of Mike Gustavson

Mike Gustavson

Fantastic news! Thanks Saadet!
Photo of Mike Fawaz

Mike Fawaz

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just to clarify, when you say “pop up”, does that mean in the phone itself?

Yep!
Photo of Mike Fawaz

Mike Fawaz

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That is great news. Thank you!
Photo of Scott Walker

Scott Walker

• 256 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Saadet, any update on this?  

We have this need as well.

Hey Scott! This is still planned for our 19.2 release this quarter :) You can ask your Account Manager when your account will receive the update 
Photo of Don

Don

• 64 Points
Have not seen a provider that does not have this feature. We just signed up so happy to see this fix soon. 
I will say, as a new customer, the fact that this has taken one of the largest VOIP providers over 4 years to implement is a bit alarming!
Photo of Jessa Remo

Jessa Remo

• 266 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Displayed Information for Incoming Call.

Please add the call queue extension as a visibility on a called number for the incoming call information feature.

Photo of Ryan Short

Ryan Short

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Queue Notifications.

When a call comes through a queue (e.g. "Press 1 for
Sales") I do not want to have an audio notification ("Press 5 to
accept this call"); I want a visual notification on my phone and/or
computer (“Sales Queue: 555.555.5555”)
Photo of Doug Routledge

Doug Routledge

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This feature is available on the Bridge Operator Console for RC.  https://tinyurl.com/y389kqw7
Photo of Mike Gustavson

Mike Gustavson

Hey everyone - looks like this is now available: https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/12347-Call-Queue-Configurable-Information-Display?language=en_US#ConfigureDisplaySettings

I noticed the iOS app update mentioned this, so I went looking for it and found the support article from last week.

However - the instructions show using the 'Display Settings' option on the call queue, which doesn't exist for me. I called support and was told that this feature is part of the new 9.2 software platform, which is only being rolled out to new signups, not to existing customers..... :|

After further investigation, he talked to a senior team and was told that existing customers are getting this on a gradual rollout, June 11/12 in my case.

Hopefully everyone will see it soon!
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,584 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I saw that too and am still a bit confused.  I currently see the name of the call queue on my mobile (iPhone).  Where I don't see it, but would like to, is on the Polycom phone displays.

Photo of Mike Gustavson

Mike Gustavson

Brandon, does the 'Display Settings' tab show up for you under the call queue options? I'm assuming it probably does as even what you're seeing above doesn't work for me, so you must have it active on your account. Try editing it in there and it should hopefully start working on the desk phone (as per the support article I linked, it's supposed to).
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,584 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It does not show up yet in my admin portal. Maybe I am not understanding what the new feature is.  I have always seen calls that are placed to our main number auto attendant and then routed to different call queues like 'support', 'sales' and 'operator' show on my mobile app with the name of the queue so I know how to answer.

Hi all! Great news :) Call Queues got a new face lift. You can now configure the display information for incoming calls. Check out the details 
Photo of Neill

Neill

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for implementing this! This will be helpful for us.