Call Group VM

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Case Assigned. To update this case with further information please login to http://success.ringcentral.com/RCContactSupp Select “contact support”, and you will be able to see “view: all open cases” at the bottom of the page. Case#: Also get advice o

Our phone is answered by a call group. I'm the first person listed in the group. When a call goes to VM, they get my personal VM not the call group's VM (which is setup); why?
Photo of Susan Sanders

Susan Sanders

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,778 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Susan, it depends how the call flow is setup. there are options to select what voice mail would be used.

How many people in the call group? Also are you using cell phones or IP phones?

Let us know

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Hi Susan, it depends how the call flow is setup. there are options to select what voice mail would be used.

How many people in the call group? Also are you using cell phones or IP phones?

Let us know

Thanks

Chuck
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Susan Sanders

Susan Sanders

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are using IP phones. There are 4 users. The call group is setup to ring me then after 3 rings, it will ring the other 3 users simultaneously. I’m certain that I have the setup correct under the call group extension. I know that you need to change some of the settings at different levels so I’m wondering if I’m overlooking someplace that I should have changed an extension to the call group extension. Thanks!
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Hi Susan, I would be happy to do a remote session with you to look at your configuration

Contact me directly and we could set something up

ckfuscone@yahoo.com

Chuck
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Hi Susan, I would be happy to do a remote session with you to look at your configuration

Contact me directly and we could set something up

ckfuscone@yahoo.com

Chuck
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Susan - you may have solved this already, but I wanted to post so others can see. Call groups exist under a single extension, so if no one in the call group picks up, the caller will reach the extension's voicemail. If you want a true "group" option, set up a *call queue group* (fka department) with a bunch of extensions added as group memebers. Call queue groups have their own voicemail boxes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.