Desktop App: add a "blocked" option in that caller ID list

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
The new desktop app is a welcome refresh for the UI.

However I have noticed that the software does not allow you to call out blocked even that is a default set in the admin portal for that user on the website.

Tech support has no idea when this will be fixed.

I bet it has something to do with caller ID change option in the Desktop APP. It is overwriting the default settings from the website.

An easy fix would be to add a blocked option in that caller ID list.

I have had my users stay on the old version of the softphone for this specific reason, they make too many calls to have to press *67 each time, also they use the hotkey option which is a great tool but doesnt allow for pre-fixes to be added before the dial.

Now we are seeing things like notifications for faxes and voicemails failing to be sent to the old softphone, it is requiring a update to the latest version according to tech support. Looks like we are being forced into using the new software, which isnt bad, but atleast make sure all of the features work ! Every other phone system has caller ID blocking as a option.

Please fix this Ring central !

If you want this fixed , add a comment !

Drive this to the top!
Photo of Andrew Quist

Andrew Quist

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frusterated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew Quist

Andrew Quist

I'm talking about outbound caller ID blocking
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,738 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Changing this to an "idea" topic for our Product team to review

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of Andrew Quist

Andrew Quist

Did this go right out the window ?

Canceling 4x customers now because of this "app force downgrade"
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Andrew,  this idea/request is not out the window. However it's important to know that we received dozens of idea/feature requests weekly and our Product Team must prioritize all new implementations. Generally, an idea is still on the table, unless our Product Team marks the idea as "Not Planned".  In this particular case, there are just 3 "likes" as of today.  The more likes any topic gets, it raises more awareness and gets more consideration from by our Product Team.   Also, unless an Idea topic is marked as planned, then there are no definite plans to implement the idea.  Even in cases where Ideas are marked Planned, they can still take several months to be rolled out.  I hope this helps. 

Mike 
Photo of James Kay

James Kay

• 60 Points
Get on the ball guys.   Do you understand that when a sales based environment that has many lines, cannot block their CALLER ID, people do not pick up the phone.  An unknown or blocked number is much more likely to be picked up rather than a 1-866 #.     Get this fixed now.  This is just absurd.  I was using the 5.61 version and was FORCED to upgrade to version 7.5.2
Photo of CHRIS BUTLER

CHRIS BUTLER

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled problem-out bound CID.

the feature was added to the softphone allowing us to change our outbound CID with ease, this does not however allow us to block our number...though our online CID is set to blocked when a test call is made the number is still showing
Photo of Christian Kay

Christian Kay

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Desktop App: bring back "Block call" on outbound call.

I dont understand why we don't have the option on the desktop version of ringcentral to have "blocked call" when making an outbound call. Option appears on the account page under user id, it can be set for "blocked call" but it does not follow through to the desktop version. Works fine on smart device but not on computer...I find that to be ridiculous and should be resolved asap.
Photo of James O'Donnell

James O'Donnell

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why have all my comments and replies on this been removed from the page?? 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hello James, Please view this thread for the various reasons: Why was my post removed?
Photo of Billy

Billy

• 74 Points

I am confused as to why a broken implementation in the desktop app is considered an "idea" instead of a bug fix. It seems very likely that all customers would assume a setting in the Admin Portal would apply to the user regardless of whether the user is using the app or the website.

We could previously set a station identifier in the old version, I understand why you guys removed that feature (due to spam), but if the caller id blocking option is broken, are we just out of luck?

I liked the post so that hopefully this bug will get fixed, but am still confused as to why we are not calling it a bug.

Photo of Arshkit Dullat

Arshkit Dullat, Alum

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Caller ID Blocking for outbound calls from the Desktop App is now available in the 8.0 version. 
Photo of Doug Routledge

Doug Routledge

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You may want to take a look at an attendant console.  Bridge Operator Console provides these features for users, and is designed for front desk works, making it superior to a desk phone.  Blocking callers is very easy for operators with the Q2 update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpdDzeB3zo

https://bit.ly/2MhxgnK