Caller ID no longer showing on incoming calls forwarded to mobile calls

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
I blieve this is a bug on ringcentral as it started happening a couple of days ago. No setting was changed/updated and I went through trouble shooting with a customer service rep for 2 hours. I tested with another cell phone provider.

Reporting system bug:

Under Call handling & forwarding: I have the following set up: 
Incoming calls forward in this order: simultaneously 

1) Desktop & mobile apps

2) VVX-601 desk phone

3) Mobile phone

Then under Settings: Incoming Call Information: Display Incoming Caller ID is selected
However, on my mobile phone, “Called Number” is showing instead of “Displayed Incoming Caller ID” starting a couple of days ago.

Could you report this to the tech teams and get back to me?
Photo of WON

WON

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,082 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey WON, I see you have case 08312094 open right now. Please continue to work with your Support Rep so that they can gather some more samples :) Once they gather what our higher tier support needs in order to do a deeper investigation, they should escalate your case (unless your current rep figures it out :) )
Photo of WON

WON

Hi, I spent a couple of hours and nothing worked. I think ringcentral should check if this is a system-wide issue as many people will not realize this.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey WON, in order to see if this is indeed a bug, you will still need to work with Support. Here on the Community, we do not have the resources or access needed to properly investigate and gather the information that our Product Team needs.
Photo of Travis

Travis

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

This started happening to me as well around 4 days ago. I've made no changes to my settings.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Travis! Please contact Support so they can investigate :)
Photo of WON

WON

Hmm, I see that I am not the only one...
Photo of Shawn D

Shawn D

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I’m having this issue as well. It started 2/14
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey everyone, Support will need to investigate and gather more details :)
Mine too. And on my phone it initially shows up as potential spam
Photo of Jeannette Reiff

Jeannette Reiff

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is a known issue and there isn't a fix as of yet.  Just spent 45 mins on the phone with support to confirm that the issue lies in the Call Que because when you call the direct phone number of the landline the forwarded call displays caller ID info correctly.  I hope this gets fixed soon...we pay a premium price for this service and basic things like caller ID should be a non issue.

Photo of WON

WON

That's a very good observation. It is a system-wide bug. I spent 2 hours and the rep still thought something was wrong with my cell phone provider.
Photo of WON

WON

RC should be able to figure out the bug since all community members reported when this issue first appeared.
Photo of Shawn D

Shawn D

I got lucky, I showed them a few screenshots, and a link to this post and my support agent realized that it was a system-wide issue. I do not have an ETA on when they will fix the problem. It's causing a huge customer service issue for my business. 
Photo of WON

WON

This system bug is really screwing things up. Now my cell phone is only ringing 3 times then stop ringing while ringcentral app rings for full 30 seconds as intended. 
Photo of Shawn D

Shawn D

It has now been one full month of us experiencing this issue with no resolution.
Photo of Jeannette Reiff

Jeannette Reiff

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Without notice the bug "fixed itself" 2 days ago at least for our account.
Photo of WON

WON

Still same issue...
Photo of WON

WON

Just observation: When a caller ID shows "anonymous" on ringcentral, it shows unknown on my forwarded cell phone. So, it selectively shows caller ID only for some calls.   
Photo of WON

WON

RC finally fixed it. It's showing caller ID now.
Photo of Shawn D

Shawn D

You're lucky, I just tested mine, and it's still not working correctly. 
Photo of Travis

Travis

Mine still isn't working either. I've given up hope at this point. 
Photo of Shawn D

Shawn D

Mine started working on Friday, but as of today, it's no longer working correctly. 
Photo of Travis

Travis

For the time being, mine is working properly again. I've made no changes on my end.
Photo of WDTS Operator

WDTS Operator

• 70 Points
Mine is still not working.
This needs to be fixed ASAP! Mine is doing the same thing, when calls are forwarded to our cell's there is no way to see what the phone number is in our log to pull the recording.