Windows 10 & Softphone

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Windows 10 and Ring Central Desktop App (BETA)

I've used the legacy softphone on windows 9 with no problems. Last week,I upgraded to windows 10, now there's something wrong with the sound in the softphone. I can hear callers, but they cannot hear me.

I've tried doing a fresh reinstall (removing all traces of RC from the registry) then adjusting the sound setting to - when windows detects communication activity to "do nothing"

This is really frustrating and I don't want to roll back to windows 9

Thanks in advance
Photo of Isobel

Isobel

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,574 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Isobel,

The Legacy Softphone will be retired soon.  Please uninstall the Legacy and upgrade to RingCentral for Windows 7.2.4. 

I'll also ask around and see if anyone else is having this issue on Windows 10. 
(Edited)
Photo of Isobel

Isobel

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you

I've installed RingCentral for Windows and I'm still having the same problem with the sound.

Thanks in advance 
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

You might need to re-set your audio settings when it upgraded. They may not have saved when you updated it.  Try this and let me know :-)   [See Image]. 

(Edited)
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 13,940 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Flip does not work.

Any experience having issues to make a Call Flip?
I'm using the Softphone (last version) with Windows 10, I'm calling to other extension, then I press Flip to move the call to my desktop phone but the system asked me to enter the PIN.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Double check in the online interface to see if call flip settings are correct. [Call Handling & Forwarding > Call Flip].  Let me know
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Official Response
RC 411 News Update No 1479
The RingCentral for Window's App is currently in BETA with Windows 10. 

If in "BETA", no major problems are known but it has not yet been fully vetted and we do not recommend installing, but if you would like to, you can, but may experience issues and we would like to hear about them so they can be fixed. Current issue that we are aware of at this time is the icon is not correct, screenshot below. If you experience this issue, no need to report it.
(Edited)
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 13,940 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Desktop App - Softphone and Windows 10.

Please share experiences using the Softphone and the New Windows 10.
At my end, I'm running the new Operating System from Microsoft and the latest RingCentral Softphone version. The look is a little different because the edges of the window, the rest it seems working just fine.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.