Canadian Accounts: Add the Free Softphone DL to Deskphone

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

Currently, the "Direct Dial" is not available when I provision the desk-phone (Polycom WX 410). The only option available is RingOut. I have the latest version of RC for Windows installed -- v. 7.2.4.15096.

An RC support rep informed me that within the US a second outbound digital line is available for RC for Windows when the desk-phone is provisioned however this is not the case in Canada. 

Just wondering if there are any plans to offer the same feature currently enjoyed in the US here in Canada? After all, we're all on the same North American Numbering Plan just with different area codes.
Photo of Joe Piazza

Joe Piazza

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Joe, Unfortunately, I don't think it's likely that we'll ever see the two plans exactly mirror each other, although I think it would be nice and might eliminate confusion. 

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of Joe Piazza

Joe Piazza

Can we have this pushed to the engineers for future consideration? I truly is something we're looking at in our firm for deployment.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Joe,  I did flip this from a Question to an Idea topic so it gets reviewed by our product team. This is more of an upper management decisions vs engineering. The various packages we offer are constantly under review so I can't promise any changes. I'm guessing there are numerous cost and regulatory differences between the U.S., Canada, and UK that prevent the plans from being mirrored, but anyone else who is interested int his is welcome to click the Like button above to express your interest. 
Photo of Joe Piazza

Joe Piazza

Thank you RingCentral.

RC for Windows latest update (v 7.2.4.15096) Canadians now have access to the free digital line. It's not automatically enabled. The administrator needs to activate it in Tools > Enable Free Line for All Users.

Note, RC's support call centre is not aware of this. They erroneously informed me that this new feature within the latest release was a mistake and the digital line is not available in Canada. Ignore that and just activate it through the admin settings.

Thanks again.

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,814 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of dip

dip

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yes, this was implemented in the 7.2.4 release. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Official Response
This feature was indeed included in our last release. Here is an help topic that shows how to activate:   Enable Free Line for All Users
(Edited)
Photo of Don Magnayon

Don Magnayon, RingCentral Implementations Advisor

• 460 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Free Softphone for Canadian Account.

Hi team, my customer want to enable the free softphone feature for canadian account
Photo of john

john

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Need clarification of ‘Enable Free Line for All Users’ statement, as I am confused about the wording. In our office each employee has an extension but no digital line. Each person utilizes two computers to do their work, one in office, one at home. If the Administrator ‘Enable Free Line for All Users’ can every employee now place direct dial call concurrently? If not, how do I assign this one single ‘Enable Free Line for All Users’ to a particular extension?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

HI John,  Sorry, but no. It won't work that way. You will have to have a digital line for each user that needs to make outbound calls. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.