Desktop App: Can I use my custom fax cover pages?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Just upgraded my softphone... my custom fax cover pages did NOT come over and I can't figure out how to get them to come over.
Photo of Bonnie

Bonnie

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Robert Shinn

Robert Shinn

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
yea this would be good to know how to do, trying to figure this out myself

Need to know the new folder location and how to import/export these
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yes, you can. Here's a help topic with instructions: Setting Up a Custom Fax Cover Page on the RingCentral Desktop App
(Edited)
Photo of Michael W. Hessel

Michael W. Hessel

• 70 Points
Is there a way to create a custom cover page without the docx extension.  My version of Word is 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) and word pad does not handle the file effectively
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Michael,   If your version of Word does not support the docx file type, there are a few other ways you can do this.  First, if you have a Microsoft Live account, you can log into it and use the online version of Word, as it creates docx types. If you are a Google user, you can do the same with Google's online version, Google Docs.

If you prefer a downloadable application you might try, OpenOffice. Of course if you download anything off the internet it's at your own risk so be sure to use a reputable site. 
Photo of Michael W. Hessel

Michael W. Hessel

• 70 Points
I used Google and it worked like a charm.  What I would like to do now is get the sample.docx file and use it as the template to make changes on.  The problem is my computer opens the link in Wordpad which does not keep all of the attributes of the template.  Is there a place I can go to just download that file and then run it through Google Docs.  Thanks. for the help.
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,010 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
What you can do is download the final document in .PDF format, that way your computer will show the document as you made it.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Michael W. Hessel,    Is the problem that you don't have Microsoft Word on your computer?  If so you can  save the docx file to your computer and open/edit it several other ways.  If you have a Microsoft Live account, you can use Microsofts free online version of Word. Or, if you have a Google account you can use Googles online Google Docs and do the same.  If you would rather use a downloadable desktop application, OpenOffice is a free program which you can download from here.  https://www.openoffice.org/  Warning:This is a pretty huge program, but it's probably no worse than installing Microsoft Office. Also anytime you download something off the internet you do so at your own risk. 

Mike 

(Edited)