Can my texts showed up on the left side of the ringcentral app. I do not like them in the calls section. It is not as easy to use. Thanks

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
texts
Photo of Steve Willey

Steve Willey

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Edgar Elias

Edgar Elias

• 78 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yes they can, but this morning when I logged in I was not able to see them anymore. I can only see them on my call log and without the name of my contact being displayed I only see their number..
RingCentral please advise I really need this to be back..
Photo of Yuriy Colonko

Yuriy Colonko

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just wrote about this as well, this is a huge step back and by the looks of it we can't close conversation/archive or mark messages unread anymore :(
Photo of Edgar Elias

Edgar Elias

• 78 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I really hope this is only temporary!!
Photo of Yuriy Colonko

Yuriy Colonko

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bring Back the Text Messages and Marking them Unread/Archive option.

I can't be the only one that isn't pleased with them moving the text messages from the left menu bar to the call button on the bottom and taking away our ability to Archive and Mark messages unread? 

Is there a way to change it back? 

We are a bridal store and work with our clients anywhere from 1 day to 18 months and we can't simply delete a conversation but would like to take it out of the inbox to see the new messages that haven't been responded yet or ones that need to be reviewed. 

-Yuriy
Photo of Yuriy Colonko

Yuriy Colonko

Really wish instead of just merging the two concerns (which took time to do) that they would have given a response as well  :/ 

Will this be something that will be brought back or made an option to have one or the other? 

Our current CRM offers texting to our clients but Ringcentral was easier and cleaner and that is why we stuck around with it, would hate to drop it because of an interface change. 

Also on the text messages, we can only see their response but our messages are not showing up. It looks like we never answered them.
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

• 2,638 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello Yuriy!

Merging the ideas will help our Product Team to notice this feature request. We have also informed them regarding this as well. 

Thank you!
Photo of Fazi Khodjaberganov

Fazi Khodjaberganov

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I need it back to the left corner as well that's crazy
also how can i add contacts now?
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

• 1,092 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Fazi,

There is no option to add contacts on the new RingCentral App. You may vote for the feature request here.

Thank you!

Fazi Khodjaberganov

Why you can't add contacts on ringcentral desktop app? that's insane.. we just moved to ringcentral but how you can conduct a business without adding contacts?
Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

• 1,092 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The feature is already being planned to be added on the next release and will soon be available. 

Fazi Khodjaberganov

Soon is next month, new week? next year? this is crucial part of the phone system to be able to add contacts

Photo of Yuriy Colonko

Yuriy Colonko

I am aware that coding takes time and that to implement them may be difficult, but we are not asking for anything new to be implemented or designed, we are asking to bring back what was already in place and was working great. 

Is the reason you took it away is that the messages weren't being deleted and it was taking up a lot of cloud storage for Ring Central? 

Solutions. 

Make it the same way as the voicemails are on the phone. You can "Snooze" them or "Save", "Archive" them but after each month they come back and you have to review them and decide whether you still want to resave/rearchive them or if you would like to delete them? 

I cannot stress how perfect the old system was, to be able to:

1. Mark Messages unread.
2. To favorite them.
3. To be able to Archive them.
4. To have them on the front page of the desktop app.
   - Our business much like many others function on Messages so they should be at the front of everything, the old interface was absolutely perfect. 

Please let us know:

1. If this is coming back.
2. How soon? 

We need to know if we need to look for a different system to use now or if we will be able to continue using it as it was originally when we signed up for these services. I understand that things change to make it easier and sometimes it can take time to get used to a new feature or interface. Unfortunately, very important features were taken away without any put in place to take their place. 

Please give us an update as soon as possible.