Can we get a real dark theme for RC/Glip?

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
Come on, everybody's doing it.  Not just the left bar, the whole thing.  A bunch of our users actually use the web app and overwrite the CSS with Stylus to accomplish this.

thanks for your consideration.
Photo of Luke Sipple

Luke Sipple

• 774 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 2,806 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the feedback!  A true dark theme is in our long term plans :)
Photo of Jeremy Luzzi

Jeremy Luzzi

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
what does long term mean? my eyes are dying
(Edited)
Photo of Taylor

Taylor

• 2,232 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Considering I have seen ideas that are "coming soon" pending for over three years, I would (in all honesty) say long term plan for them means around 5-7 years. 
Photo of Caleb Massengill

Caleb Massengill

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
For those of you like me who can't wait for "long term plans," here's my workaround.

Step 1: Install Dark Reader extension for Firefox/Chrome
Step 2: Use Ring Central Web App found on their site after logging in
Step 3: Allow your retinas time to heal from looking at the brightness of the thick client at early hours

Hope this helps!
Photo of Taylor

Taylor

• 2,192 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Glad I came across this. Thank you Caleb. What a difference this will make for my eyes.
Photo of Ryan and Dan

Ryan and Dan

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Dark Theme/Background.

A dark theme that will ease the eye stress and also reduce battery consumption to a good extent.
Photo of Waren Gonzaga

Waren Gonzaga

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello there, the dark mode could be better to prevent eye strain... but for the reason of battery consumption then, it is not. reference to read: https://www.maketecheasier.com/are-dark-themes-better-for-eyes-battery/