• Answered
Photo of Nancy Fahy

Nancy Fahy

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,282 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Nancy, your question is a tad vague. Can you provide more details?
Photo of Nancy Fahy

Nancy Fahy

Yes, I wanted to have my calls forwarded from ring central so I can use a landline due to connectivity issues and then I want to be able to dial out from a landline but have it still go through RingCentral
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Why not just use the mobile app on your cell?
Photo of Nancy Fahy

Nancy Fahy

The wifi prevents me from having the best connectivity while using the app even when using the mobile app 

Hey Nancy, you could leverage RingOut for making calls & then add your landline phone number to the Call Handling & Forward section on your extension. I cannot guarantee this will work the way you want since our system is designed with a solid internet connection in mind, but it could help you.
Photo of Nancy Fahy

Nancy Fahy

OK, thank you. The only thing i'm unclear about is outbound dialing. Can you explain how that would work while having the phone forwarded to a landline would
I need a calling plan? 

Hey Nancy, RingOut allows you to dial someone via an outside phone (aka not a phone on your RC account). So for instance, if I wanted to use RingOut via the online portal, I would put a custom phone number in the From section (this is the line you are going to place the call from - so your landline), and then you type in the number you want to call in the To section. See the screenshot below :) Hope that helps a little!