Glip: upgrade messaging within RingCentral so I do not have to use Glip?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

Can you upgrade the messaging within Ring Central so I do not have to use Glip?

I like how I can message other coworkers on the Ring Central App, but I want to be able to create groups and teams for messaging without having to create ANOTHER account with Glip. I know I can create group messages on the Ring Central App, but at the very least can you make it so I can at least name the groups? Such as "Sales" or "IT" etc...
Photo of B

B

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,928 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi B,  It is possible to create groups, and text the group, but when recipients reply,  back and forth the system does not keep the messages in the group.  Does this thread sound like the same thing you are asking for?  SMS: Group Message
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,774 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
B - Can you clarify please, what do you mean "....another account..."
And regarding "message" are you referring to SMS Text, Instant Message (IM)... ?
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,774 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Also - are you logged in with RingCentral SSO?  

If you logged in with your personal email address and created a new account, then you won't see your co-workers.  To merge them you will need to make sure you have the same email in your RingCentral service.ringcentral.com as in the glip email account  and then login to glip with your RingCentral credentials after.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.