Can I block a number for all extensions at once?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Block Calls: how to block numbers for the entire account system?

Photo of megan

megan

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,696 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Megan, I think this is possible but depends on how your system is setup.

Where does you main line go to? One extension? I could see a way to block a number for everyone that calls the main line but if this caller is dialing the did (Direct phone numbers then blocking would have to be established for each extension.

Does this make sense?

If not e-Mail me directly and I could assist you.

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of megan

megan

ok yes we have just 1 toll free number, and then an ext is dialed to reach whom they want. Is it possible to block the number from calling since maybe it can be set up on the toll free number itself and not just per extension? thanks
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

With a setup like this where a customer calls in and then selects extension to get to a person, then the number blocking would have to be setup on EACH extension.

If you had directed the calls to a department first and then there is an option to block calls there. There is a greeting for the department that could be used and I am thinking the call would be blocked first before people got to the greeting.

I would have to test to be sure.

How many extensions are we talking about?

Chuck
Photo of megan

megan

Photo of megan

megan

so if the call came into a department instead of auto attendant, and there the option was present to enter the ext. would that work better to be able to block a number strictly from the toll free number?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

I think we could get that to work.

Is there a number I could contact you at later on today?

E-Mail me directly

Thanks

Chuck
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Certified Ring Central Installer
Photo of June Labastida

June Labastida, Alum

• 2,040 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Megan,

You can also try this:

Create an extension blocking the number or modify an existing extension to block the number

Then go to Auto-Receptionist, click on Greeting and Company Calls. On the right side you will see Company Hours, After Hours and Advance. Click on Advance. You will be able to create a rule for a specific number based on caller id. Forward it to the extension set to block the number.

Reply to this post if you have any questions.

Thank you.
June
Photo of megan

megan

so in theory they'll still hear the company greeting though, right?
Photo of megan

megan

oh never mind, it sends the default 'can not be reached from your calling area'.. by George I believe this'll work, thank you very much!!
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Nice one June, We should request a blocked numbers option on the Auto Receptionist.

That would make things even easier.

I do like your solution.

Chuck
Photo of Thomas D

Thomas D

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Or simply a company-wide phone block list.

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,734 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
To block a number for the entire company account, block it on the System Mailbox Extension (Super Admin).  Blocking the number on the Super Admin will block the number for the entire account. 
Photo of Matthew Samelson

Matthew Samelson

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I block unwanted calls from my main number (not extensions)?.

I seem to be getting a lot of repetitive junk calls that call the main number and then go into the general mailbox. They don't necessarily leave a message. Still - I want to block these numbers all together.

The instructions tell me how to block calls for user extensions. How can I just block them from coming in on the main number?
Photo of Snak

Snak

• 408 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Any way to block callers labeled "unknown" by RingCentral?.

"How to Block Unknown Callers" FAQ on this is somewhat misleading because it only shows how to block those with a caller ID (and not really "unknown")
I need to block all callers without caller ID -those that RingCentral marks as unknown.TIA

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.