Update the look of the default fax cover pages

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

love ring central, and I love that I can fax from my ipad while I'm out and about. It's vitally important for me to be able to do that.

The ONLY complaint I have is the cover sheets. I'm sorry but they look pretty outdated to me. I think they all need a re-do, I have to look professional, and to me- these are too out of date to look professional. When I'm at home, I just attach a cover sheet from word. But

when I'm out - I can't attach a word document from my ipad- so that's when I use one of your cover sheets. I really world like some better options and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I like to keep my cover's simple and green. No need to waste ink on all kinds of wording and borders. I like simple fonts like calabri and century gothic. Anything clean and modern.

I'm guessing it would improve the overall company image and clients choosing to utilize your fax service if the cover sheets made their company look good. For me, that's a huge part of my business. Thanks.

~Jessica
Photo of Jessica Green Jensen

Jessica Green Jensen

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • less than thrilled

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This is a great idea, Jessica!

I agree that our cover sheets need a bit of a makeover. I've submitted this as an idea to our Product Team.

Community - If you'd like to see us update our fax cover pages please +1 this post.

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of David Montgomery

David Montgomery

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
where do i +1..sorry i am not so bright
Photo of Lu

Lu

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I need to be able to change the phone number recipients can call depending on the recipient - from our local to our 800# - on the fax cover sheet, but I can't find anywhere I can change that in the new Windows desktop app. Online, I can't change the phone number in our account either. We only use the your fax program, not voice, so changing the number shouldn't be a problem.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,158 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Lu,  Not sure if this will work for you but you can create more than one custom fax cover page and then switch back and forth depending on who you are faxing. 

Mike 
Photo of Lu

Lu

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks - looks as is that might work. But it still doesn't solve the "I can't input recipient info without creating an entry in the address book" problem.
Photo of Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
In fact, the option to import a Microsoft Word Fax Template would be an standard.
Photo of Joan

Joan

• 60 Points
It seems this problem has been going on for months, especially for Mac users. I was told when I signed up for this service that Mac users could revise their coversheets. I need to add a disclaimer to my cover sheetl I find it hard to believe in this day and age of technology that this problem has not been solved. It appears the company is not working very hard to satisfy customers.
Photo of James

James

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It is two years later and I cannot find the information to get a custom fax from my mac.  I create it using the sample and I export it into a Word "doc" but it won't select when I try to upload from Ring Central.  I've been looking all around Ring Central and apple for the solution and I can't find it.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

James what version of the softphone/RC Desktop are you using?  I haven't heard of any problems uploading the Word doc. 
Photo of James

James

7.2.4.15096 (64-bit)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Thanks James, are when you attempt to upload the file, is there any error, or details you can provide as far as where exactly you are running into the problem?
Photo of James

James

No, it just doesn't allow me to select it when I go through RingCentral to attach the document.  It's not available for selection even though it is saved to be a word doc. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Is it appearing as an available file? Or do you not see it at all?  Are you seeing other Word docs stored in the same file location? 
Photo of James

James

I see that doc and other word docs but, no, it won't appear 'bolded' as an available file for selection.  I've exported it from pages to word so it shouldn't be a format issue.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

What is the file extension type?  Does it show a "doc" or "docx" type?
Photo of James

James

"doc" is my only option.  "docx" seems to just be with microsoft word.  I looked it up when I didn't see it as an option for exporting.  the "doc" extension however is supposed to be the same as microsoft word.  The problem is that I see no other options when I go to save or export.  Surely, someone else with a mac who works in pages has this type of issue.  I don't like Microsoft word, find it very buggy, so don't want to have to purchase and use it only for this.  There must be an alternative, even if scanning in a pdf?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

A lot of Mac users are now using MS Office for Mac's, but, I'm sure you don't want to buy a copy just to create a few templates. The best thing (and free) is to just create an MS Live account and use Microsofts online version of Word.  https://office.live.com

It operates in your web browser so there's nothing to download. 

If you'd rather use Googles online version that is another option: https://www.google.com/docs/about/
(Edited)
Photo of David Montgomery

David Montgomery

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ya need the ability to add confidentiality statement to our cover sheet..that would be real nice
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone, thanks for the suggestions. We have been working on some major updates to the softphone, and a beta version should be available fairly soon. Per our product team, though, new cover-sheet templates are not part of the update plan (at least in the short term). Sorry about that! If you'd like to request that we change the cover sheet options, I recommend you open a support ticket at http://success.ringcentral.com/RCCont... and include "feature request" in the title.
Photo of Doug Broda

Doug Broda

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is a big deal, for a variety of reasons beyond style... the need to include a confidentiality message. I'm a lawyer, so it's mandatory for me. I know it's available on the desktop but that doesn't address the Ipad situation. If nothing else, it would seem VERY easy to add a single cover sheet template that includes a generic confidentiality message (like the one at http://www.quickemr.com/help/HTMLDocuments/Reports_FaxCover.htm ) to the stock options.
Photo of Troy Pickett

Troy Pickett

• 410 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Even better than stock templates would be the ability to add a custom template just for my business. Other fax services have this, so I know it's possible ;-)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.