CANT LOG IN RINGCENTRAL!!! need help ASAP

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Unable to log in to RingCentral Meetings from one Mac. Problem is identical to Eduardo's

I registered yesterday on ring central, i downloaded the app on my mac but i cant log inside. It ask me for my email and then my password and after that i always recive this error. While from
my iphpne i can log in without any problem and im using same wifi connection.
how can i do to sole the problem please? i already tried to unistall and install again the app on my maca.
any solution plpease?
i need to use it ASAP! thx u
W
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

• 364 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,358 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
For those of us who don't speak your native language, can you translate the error message into English for us. That might help us to help you better.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,358 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Edoardo,

I don't know if this translation is correct but I'm coming up with "Verify the connection of a trial and try again" (via Google translate).

Is this a trial account? Further, it looks like you are trying to log into RingCentral Meetings, not the RIngCentral portal or RingCentral app. Is that what you are trying to do?
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

it say: "VERIFY UR CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN"

Please HELP ME
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

Im trying to get into the app RING CENTRAL MEETING. into my dashboard i guess where i can strt meetuing and all of that
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

it say: "VERIFY UR CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN"

Please HELP ME
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you have an account with RingCentral I’m almost positive that you have to login with your RingCentral credentials. That would generally include your RingCentral phone number and your password.

I don’t use RingCentral Meetings so I couldn’t tell you for sure. I remember when I tested RingCentral Meetings a long while ago, that is what was required to login.
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

WHY i keep getting that error??? i cant get in!!!
how cna i get support from SUPPORT TEAM???
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 8,284 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Edoardo, 

To get a hold of Technical Support, you can call at 888-898-4591, Option 3 or you can start a Chat from support.ringcentral.com :) 
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

i tried to start a chat support but for a live support i have to upgrad emy account. and honestly i dont want to pay only to figured out how to get into the app! could u please help me Jessica??/

Hi Edoardo, 

I reached out to some support agents on your behalf, and they advised that since you can log in on your phone, but not your computer, it is most likely that your Mac is blocking the application - either at a network, or app level, and you should reach out to your IT team to investigate that possibility. OS X also has a firewall application you may want to research: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201642 
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

how could i talk with the IT team???? where i can find them?

Are you just using your computer for personal use, or work? Do you have an IT group at work that can confirm what application is blocking Meetings on your Mac? 
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

personal use. i need to use it from my home
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

JESSICA Please i need to use the APP...need help!!
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

Edoardo,

WHat are you using for anti-virus/firewall? I recently had an issue with a privacy setting on one particular website. There was a "web beacon" on the site which the anti-virus/firewall privacy option picked up on. As soon as I changed that setting I had no issue.

Jessica and the support agents are correct. If you can login on one device but not another, the issue is with THAT device. There's not much RIngCentral can do to assist you. in the meanwhile, if you need to hold the meeting that badly, you can always do it from your iPhone.
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

I do t have any antivirus or firewell ACTIVE on my mac. I dont really understand the reason. SUPPORT TEAM is SO BAD
SHAME ON YOU. Service: 0
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

First of all, not having any anti-virus  or firewall active on your Mac could possibly be part of your problem. If it's not part of the problem, it certainly isn't a wise choice.

How is RIngCentral service "SO BAD"? It works on one of your devices. If you're having issues with the other device (your Mac) I recommend you take it to a reputable repair facility and let them triage it for issues. What more do you expect RingCentral to do? They can't come to your residence and work on your computer.

Again, it's most likely some setting ON YOUR MAC that is causing that issue. The error message talks about a "connection". Check your Wi-Fi, your internet connection, and everything else regarding your connection to RingCentral (is it blocked somehow)?

If you have no computer skills, as I said above, I recommend you take it to a reputable repair facility and let them triage it for issues.
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

STILL LOOKING FOR A SUPPORT....!!!! SUPPORT TEAM PLEASE....I SENT EMAIL TOO!

• 5,872 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Edoardo, 

I sent a follow up email with some tips and tricks for troubleshooting and network requirements. Most likely, the problem is that there is something on your router blocking some of the needed ports. You'll need to read the article I sent you via email and make sure your network meets all those requirements, including whitelisted domains. 

We aren't able to get into your computer to check these settings, or apply them, but going through the article and following the tips should help you out! 
(Edited)
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

just replied to your email.
waiting a reply from u.
thank U
Photo of Matt Zuckerman

Matt Zuckerman

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can you send me this article too? I'm having the same issue.

RingCentral meetings has similar network requirements to the rest of the RingCentral phones, check out this article for instructions on making sure your network is up to requirements: https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/en_US/RC_Knowledge_Article/9233

The sections that specifically relate to meetings are: 

Section 7 - IP supernets 

Section 8.6 - Whitelists including: ringcentral.zoom.us , meetings.ringcentral.com , & *.zoom.us

Section 10 – Bandwidth

Appendix B - table B.6 - meetings ports 

Appendix C - Table C.2 & C.3
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

Cant fix the problem after 4 days trying to fix it! SAME ERROR!!!

Hi Edoardo, 

I created a case and sent it to our Executive Response Team. You should be hearing from someone soon. 
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

Hope is gonna be real because im getting so tired about this situation....
Photo of Billy

Billy

• 64 Points
The same thing happened to me.

I used RingCentral Meetings for about two months on my Mac without incident. Then, yesterday, when I tried to log in, I saw "Please check your network connection and try again." I haven't been able to log in with the app since. No network settings were changed on my computer or on my network. I can still join some meetings without being logged in. And I can log into the web portal and start a meeting from there (which loads the app). But I cannot log in from the app.

I first saw this error about 12 hours after a friend who lives 2000 miles away described the same problem to me. He'd used RingCentral Meetings for several months, then, a few days ago, "Please check your network connection and try again." He lives in another state and does not use the same Internet provider as I do, but he's run into the same problem.

I have tried logging in with my Google account and with an email address. I've tried using my provider's DNS servers, Google's, Open DNS's, and my own, but the resulting error is always the same. I've removed the app and reinstalled it. I've run the VOIP tests suggested on this website to verify my connection was still as capable as it was for two months of running RingCentral Meetings (and as capable as it is when I JOIN meetings, even as the app tells me to check my network connection and try again). These reported that my connection has a MOS of 4 and is capable of 126 conversations.

I've worked as a network admin, and made a career of teaching A+, Network+, and MCSD certification courses. Eduardo may not be as skilled as some users, but the issue is, nonetheless, exactly as he described above. I see no indication that it is related to any virus or malware, and it's very unlikely that a repair shop will be able to help him.

Has any progress been made on this since he reported it a week ago?

Billy
Photo of Jessica Reed

Jessica Reed

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I started seeing the same issue today.  MacOS 10.12.6, RingCentral Meetings 6.3.135305.1213.

Joined a meeting at 1pm successfully.  Tried to join another meeting at 3:30, and I get an error:
"This meeting ID is not valid. Please check and try again." 
I get the same behavior whether I click on the meeting link or choose "Join a Meeting" and type in the ID.  Meanwhile, my coworkers have connected successfully via the exact same link.    

After reinstalling the meetings app, I'm prompted to log in, and get the same error as Eduardo:
Please check your network connection and try again.
The error is the same whether I use my number/extension/password or Google authentication.  Rebooting doesn't help.

I installed the RC Meetings app on Windows 10 in Parallels on the same machine, and it works fine.

• 9,172 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Everyone! 

I have received confirmation from Tier 3 that this is a known bug that is being researched now. I was advised that then new Mac OS is not yet supported, causing the issue. It was recommended to revert back to a previous OS, I've asked for confirmation as to the exact preferred OS to revert back to. I'll update this thread when I get more info! 
Photo of Jessica Reed

Jessica Reed

Thanks, Jessica.  I'm glad to know this is being worked on.  

One thing to pass up to Tier 3:  this can't be solely due to the latest MacOS.  I'm experiencing the issue on 10.12 (Sierra), and the latest is 10.14 (Mojave). 

I'm happy to provide more info (update history, etc.) if you guys need it.

Photo of Matt Zuckerman

Matt Zuckerman

I've also been able to note that I'm able to use RC Meetings properly on my MAC OS 10.14.3 Guest profile (This profile purges all logs and cache each time its logged out). I'm experiencing the issue with my admin login and another user login on the same system, but the a fresh Guest login I'm able to login to RC Meetings just fine. 

This might be a temporary workaround for all those experiencing the issue for now.
(Edited)
Photo of Jessica Reed

Jessica Reed

Thanks!  I'm able to use RCM in a new, non-guest account so far.  That's a much better workaround.
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

WHta does that mean? "non guest account">>??? what is that??? 

I NEED TO USE IT ON MY MAC PLEASE
Photo of Jessica Reed

Jessica Reed

Edoardo:  I created a new user account on my mac to use until the problem is fixed. Matt discovered that it works with the Guest Account that's built into MacOS.  I tried it with a normal user account, and it works.  So you don't have to use the Guest account.  

(Parli italiano?  Ho fatto un nuovo account utente nel mio mac.  Matt ha scoperto che funziona con l'account ospite di MacOS.  Io ho scoperto che funziona con qualsiasi account nuovo.  Non ha bisogno di essere il tipo do ospite.  Ha senso?)
Photo of Matt Zuckerman

Matt Zuckerman

Is there any update to this bug?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Matt, our Support Team and partner, Zoom, are still researching this issue. We'll update this thread, and a few others, when we learn more about a fix
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

This APP is a disaster...3 weeks and support team didnt fix the problem yet! SERIOUSLY? Is that so hard? Unbelieveble!
Photo of Edoardo Tuo

Edoardo Tuo

This APP is a disaster...3 weeks and support team didnt fix the problem yet! SERIOUSLY? Is that so hard? Unbelieveble!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.