Can't perform factory reset on previously owned SPA303 phones where RingCentral was provider

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How to reset RingCentral Polycom to factory default after closing RC account.

Need administrator password for factory reset.  Phones were once used by Option Admin in San Mateo.
Photo of Joanna Deredita

Joanna Deredita

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Are you trying to factory reset through the key pad?  I have reset many phones locked and unlocked and never got prompted for a password

Let me know if you are doing it through the key pad and phone menus

Chuck
Photo of Joanna Deredita

Joanna Deredita

I tried to factory reset through the phone menus as follows:  1) Menu button 2) scroll down and select Factory Reset 3) Menu asks for administrator password.

I can't get beyond this point.

This sounds like the same issue reported on the community blog six months ago, but fix was not posted.
Photo of Joanna Deredita

Joanna Deredita

I read the link you sent and that doesn't help.  Here's the screen that i navigated to from option #14 Factory Reset.  I've tried **** and other possible combinations and nothing.  Any other ideas?  I can bring the phone to your corp HQ :)
Photo of Sean Smith

Sean Smith, Employee

• 892 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello Joanna, not sure your going to be able to factory reset without the admin password.  You can contact support and give them the serial number to confirm which account the phone may still be tied to and help you re-provision it on your account once verified. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.