Why am I unable to login to RingCentral using Google Chrome?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

When I try to login to my account using Chrome, the browser does not go to the login site. It, instead, just keeps flipping between a few addresses, such as: https://service.ringcentral.com/login... and https://service.ringcentral.com/mobil... and https://service.ringcentral.com/login.... This only appears to be happening in Chrome (Firefox seems to work fine). I have cleared my cache & history but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. What should I do?
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,696 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ben, I just logged in with Chrome Version

Version 29.0.1547.62 m

IT Worked. What version are you using?

I also have Windows 7 and it is all patched up

Chuck
Photo of gbnetgina

gbnetgina

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem, except that I have it with both browsers now, upon returning to Firefox. What is the solution, RC?
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,250 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry about that. Can you send me a screenshot of what you see when you try to login?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Joe Tartell

Joe Tartell

• 60 Points
Thanks
Photo of Fred Lear

Fred Lear

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the Same issue with IE 9.1.10 64 Bit
Photo of Britney Ann

Britney Ann

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue with Chrome v 29.0.1547.62 but I am able to log in using Firefox just fine.
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

Hi Britney,

Can you send me what you see when you try to login with Chrome?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Fred Lear

Fred Lear

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Now I can not create a case, Login etc etc!
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

Sorry about that, Fred!

What browser and operating system are you using?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Ben

Ben

Desiree, here are some screen shots.... Let me know if these don't get through and you'd like me to email them.
Ben

Photo of Fernando Hertlein

Fernando Hertlein

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Same here. The only thing I did was install Adobe CS3, so I figured it was the Adobe add-ins. I disabled those and the continual loop still happens.
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Not to be a dullard...but if you try "Incognito mode" does it work? Cause that would make me believe there's a plugin conflict. Menu - New Incognito window - try to login. If that's the issue persists...then it's just a matter of figuring out which plugin
Photo of Ben

Ben

Hey, Alex, you're a frickin genius!!! Yes, it did work in an incognito window. That's, of course, not a long term fix. I may try to play with plug ins when I get a chance. The interesting thing about that, however, is that it worked up until last week and then, suddenly, it stopped working. Wonder if something got upgraded.

Ben
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

Hi Ben,

Yes, we just released version 5.15. That may have caused issues with other plugins with Chrome.

Desiree
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

I agree - Alex knows his stuff!
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

I'd check Java and flash, etc. The usual subjects. It's a thing that happens.
Photo of Jessica

Jessica

• 70 Points
Same problem here (also fixed when viewing incognitio). How do i find out which plugin is causing the problem??
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

Hi Jessica,

You would need to disable the plugins and then try to access the site. I would disable them all, then try to login. Then, turn each plugin on and login again, etc. Do that until you find the plugin that causes login to stop.

Let me know!

Desiree
Photo of Jessica

Jessica

• 70 Points
Plugins were not the issue. I searched for ringcentral cookies in Chrome (settings>advanced>content settings>all cookies and site data>search: ringcentral) and manually removed them; there were a LOT. Problem solved :-)
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

If you want an easier way to check your plug ins...and this is just a google search that helped me...qualys browser check does most of the work for you, IF there are out of date (instead of incompatible) plugins. HTH
Photo of Bryan Griffin

Bryan Griffin

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I fixed this...had the same issue. Delete or rename the user default folder for Chrome.
All your settings and passwords will stay.
Here is the path to that folder...
C:\Users\you\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

Open Chrome again and will automatically create the Default folder again. You can now login into your Ring Central account.
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

Great workaround! Do you know how this was caused (was it a change with a Chrome upgrade or do you think was caused after our 5.15 upgrade)?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Jason Slater

Jason Slater

• 60 Points
FYI: Ring-Central not working on Chrome (latest) on Mac.

"Loading..." spinner is displayed but never goes away. Cannot click on anything.

not sure if related or the cause, but i noticed a failure to load Omniture javascript.

Photo of John Burk

John Burk

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This was affecting me as well in Chrome, I just cleared out any and all cookies associated with ringcentral.com and it all started working again...
Photo of Ben

Ben

John's answer worked for me! Here's a link to a help page on how to do it...

https://support.google.com/chrome/ans...
Photo of Carl Gadener

Carl Gadener

• 60 Points
A slight modification to John's cookie cutter (no pun intended) solution.

Instead of deleting all cookies do the following:
Click on "Cookies and site Data"
In the "Search Cookies" field type in "ringcentral"
Verify that the cookies are all related to ringcentral.com
Now click the "Remove all" button
Photo of Albert Passy

Albert Passy

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hate to resurect a dead case, but ... Same problem, none of these solutions work.  Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m, win 7.  
Photo of Denisse Schnabel

Denisse Schnabel

• 62 Points
Hi there, mac user, did everything told here-cleared cookies, checked plugins, changed name for the default folder, still not working for me.....what should I do?
Photo of Mike Black

Mike Black

• 60 Points
I cannot login! Same issues as above. Not good business Ring Central!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike this is a pretty old thread. Since this was posted, we released a Google Chrome app.  Are you trying to log into your main account using the Chrome browser, or, are you trying to log into the RingCentral Chrome browser extension? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.