cell phone won't ring

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
1. I work in a small U.S. based business.
2. I do not have a case number, I am currently on hold with RingCentral.
3. I need my cell phone to ring when someone calls our business line.
So with everything going on, we have decided to download the ring central app on our personal cell phones just in case we need to work from home. Friday we tested this and my cell phone will NOT ring when anyone calls the office phone number, even though I am logged in to our network.
We have 4 extensions, I am the first one. Normally when someone calls the office phone it rings 2 of the extensions - either me or my coworker can answer and then we can transfer to the other extensions if need be. However, when using the app it will only ring the 1 of the extensions that is connected to my coworker. She downloaded the app first so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.
How would I get the app to ring both of us like the 2 extensions like normal? Or even just ring my phone, because that's a big part of my job.
4. I have not troubleshooted anything, I am worried about messing up our phones because I don't know what I'm doing. 
5. I do not know our software version.
6. I am the only user affected.
Thank you.
Photo of Bri Minton

Bri Minton

• 70 Points
  • anxious I won't be able to work from home

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

• 3,326 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hello Bri!

In order for your cellphone app to ring, you also need to install the app on your computer. App in the phone serves as an extension to calls going to your computer which will have it ring at the same time or whichever you are online. The system needs to recognize that you are logged in on your app. Once done, The admin must configure the extension's setting of the auto-receptionist and add your app as one of the call forwarding.
Photo of Jenn

Jenn, Official Rep

• 1,916 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Bri!

I checked your records, we don't have any ticket yet for this issue. However, I will try little tweaks on your account so your app will work. 

Will change the "Incoming Calls Forward in this Order" from Sequential to Simultaneous. Have your colleague and also you log out and log in using your direct line and password from your app, no need for the ext number, please?

Let me know if you have a further questions!