Change Auditing/Logging

• Idea
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Implemented
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Knowledge Article exists.

I'd like to request an audit/logging feature that will record who made what changes at what time. We have a couple admins and they do happen to make changes from time to time. Sometimes, they're not implemented right and I would like to see where everything went wrong or what happened at what step. 

These would include: 

1. Log Tab 
2. Event that occurred (This is a change of user, phone system, call queue, etc) 
3. Date changed 
4. Changed by 
Photo of Matthew Austria

Matthew Austria, Employee

• 1,142 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,276 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled See who made the changes?.

Being able to see who made changes and when and what was changed would be a great admin feature to have. I am thinking of adding another admin or 2 to an account of mine but being able to be notified when changes were made and by whom and what was changed it would be a great help.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 20,660 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets 

2018-02-05  We know that RIngCentral Engineering is working on an admin changelog tool for this and they are hoping for a beta version in the next few months, we have been working with them on this. (This Spring 2nd Qtr).  If you can avoid adding additional admins until then - you might be happier as presently - it is not something you can see in the portal.  I am the head SuperAdmin on our account and we have several other Admins created via a use of ROLES because we needed to limit some access to certain features and allow access to others. Lack of a changelog has caused us a lot of issues.
Photo of Rosa Guthrie

Rosa Guthrie

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for sharing this Cecile.  Any useful updates on that beta version?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,708 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Record of user login and account changes..

We've had several customers request a feature that records user web portal login history with a record of account changes.   If you would also like to see this feature please click the Vote button at the top of this page. 
Photo of Blake Prentiss

Blake Prentiss

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This would be very helpful!
Photo of George Gary

George Gary, Official Rep

• 622 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello from the RC Office Team,

We’re getting ready to launch our Audit Trail feature designed to provide Administrators with a self-service log that captures changes affecting phone system configuration, user management, billing, and more.   

We’re looking for customers to help us beta test Audit Trail.  To participate, we ask that you:
  1. Actively try Audit Trail during the beta timeframe.
  2. Provide us with feedback and suggestions using our survey or eMail.
To sign-up, please complete this form:  https://goo.gl/forms/wQMe9TFwf8A4a5Jb2

Keep submitting ideas and suggestions...  we are listening!

Best-
The RC Office Team
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,382 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Very glad to hear this.  Signing up now..
Photo of Robert Dick

Robert Dick

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi,

The Google form is asking for the main email address on our account - where do I find this?

Regards,
Robert
Photo of Andrew Owen

Andrew Owen

Admin Console > Phone System > Company Info > Bottom right corner of that form
Photo of Robert Dick

Robert Dick

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks - but I don't see it here!  Just Company Name,  City, Company address, County and Postcode.  Perhaps it's the same email address as listed under Billing > Payment Method > Contact Email?

Regards,
Robert
Photo of Andrew Owen

Andrew Owen

Im sorry! I left out directory assistance.

So it would be Admin Console > Phone System > Company Info > Directory Assistance

Thats the email address I input. But I think you may be correct.
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

As a reseller would i need to sign up all of my customers under this for beta testing? 
Photo of George Gary

George Gary, Official Rep

• 622 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Chris - Let's connect to discuss.  
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

how do we connect? i may have missed my chance, but i'd at least like to know how this can happen. I have a customer who is now wanting to have someone on her staff trained to "make changes" but as of now i'm the only admin who knows how to log in and make changes and such. i'm fine in letting someone know how to make changes but i dont want them to make changes, not inform me, then complain of an issue.
Photo of Andrew Owen

Andrew Owen

Best thing i've heard all week. Just signed up!
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,458 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hey Everyone,

Make sure to check out the KB for this feature :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.