Change extensions without closing and re-opening RingCentral desktop and mobile apps

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
Incoming calls to my company are directed to two groups: Business hours and Non-business hours.  Each group is assigned a unique extension.  To see logs of my voicemails, it is necessary to open RingCentral desktop and mobile apps and enter the extension for the group I want to review.  If the app is already open in one extension and I want to see the voicemail log for the other extension, I must close the app, re-open, re-enter the company number, extension and password.  This is enormously time-consuming throughout the month.  It is impossible on the mobile app unless I am off-road, as the app also requires me to re-enter my smartphone number as well.  As sole proprietor, I am also my company's administrator.  I would like to switch between administrator and group extensions without having to close and re-open the apps.  This includes the desktop and mobile phone and (previously titled) Glip and phone apps.  (Parenthetically, too many apps-consolidate into one interface please.)
Photo of Timothy Weir

Timothy Weir

• 70 Points

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Jay Nichols

Jay Nichols

• 2,690 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Are you logging out and back in or are you closing the app altogether?  I have two accounts, I just log out of one and log into the other.  
Photo of Patrick Baird

Patrick Baird, Employee

• 644 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Tim, would you be able to use just one extension and use the After Hours functionality to direct where the calls go ie Voicemail or out to an after hours call center?  This way it would still all be in one user so you could stay logged into that user but still see the full call logs.  

When you say group is that an extension or call queue or something else?