Hey guys, I have been running into a problem with my Ring Central Desktop app on my Windows 10 VM, and was hoping I could get a solution.
The issue I'm having is that once the app has been in the background for a while, or once an incoming call comes in, characters glitch out and it doesn't display anything correctly. There are just missing fields and missing characters entirely, and the only way I've been able to resolve it is by exiting out of the application and going back in (short lived temporary fix). I've attached a few screenshots so y'all can exactly what I'm talking about.
So far, I've tried the following troubleshooting steps, all to no avail:
1) Sign out and exit the app, then re-launch and sign back in (resolves, but only temporarily for a short time)
2) Closing out of the app and running the repair on it from the installer
3) Installing latest desktop app update
4) Completely uninstalling the app and reinstalling it
5) Uninstalling app, completely purging all traces of the app, and then installing it again
6) and then the obvious of making sure I have the latest windows updates and rebooting the VM...
7) Ensuring I have the latest Java update (not even sure if this uses that, but figured I'd mention it anyway)
Account Type: US
App Version: 188.8.131.52921
Default Communication App: Ring Central
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (completely up-to-date)
Host Platform: VMWare Fusion for Mac v8.5.8 (5824040)
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. It seems like something silly or simple that is going on, but I have obviously overlooked it if it is. Thanks all!