Clear Status Option

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Planned
As of now you can no longer clear out your custom status automatically by clicking available. When a status is set, within every conversation next your name your last customized status will remain until you update this status. If you wish to have nothing next to your name you must go in and create a new custom status and click the space bar, which is a pain. 

There are three status options: available, invisible, and dnd. Under these options is "share status" where you may enter your customized status... for example "out to lunch". If I then choose dnd, next to my name will still read "out to lunch". If I click available, next to my name will still read "out to lunch". This status is not ever cleared unless you create a new CUSTOM status to read "   " or "back from lunch".

To create a more user friendly and efficient glip application our company recommends a "clear status" option or the option that was available in the past. Previously if you set a custom status (ie out to lunch) once you click "available" that status would be cleared. We have individuals in our company that next to their name still reads "in board meeting" from weeks ago. Individuals are not aware that this is next to their name unless a coworker notifys them because only the other individual in the conversation can see your status. I also believe it would be helpful if we are able to see what custom status is set next to our own name because at this moment it is not an option to see what your custom status is currently set to. You can see your status of dnd, invisible, or online, just not your custom status.

Thank you for continuing to better your application.
Photo of Anna Garrison x807

Anna Garrison x807

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,550 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Anna, great news! Our Product Team is currently working on updating the Custom Status for the desktop app to mirror the options that are currently on the Mobile app. When I hear more about a release time frame, I'll update this thread
Photo of Anna Garrison x807

Anna Garrison x807

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Saadet, thank you for the update. We are excited about this feature to be released! I really appreciate this forum and think this is a wonderful way for users to give feedback on how to continually make the application user friendly and efficient. 
Sincerely,
Anna

• 67,550 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You're very welcome, Anna! :D
Photo of Ben

Ben

• 148 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Anna - i second this request. Our team just switched to Glip and this is one item thats confusing a lot of people. 
Photo of Nax Nacua

Nax Nacua

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can RingCentral also consider having an expiry duration for shared status? let's say, after 24 hours the system will automatically clear the status shared.
Photo of Ben

Ben

Also, still getting used to Glip, where can I find what my current shared status is? I can see others shared status when I click on that persons 1:1 chat room, but cant seem to find where my status might be. 

Thanks!

• 64,980 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey RESEARCH, right now you can check your status on the Mobile App in any 1:1 conversation - not the best, I know, but that should change once the Desktop app mirrors what the Mobile app does Status-wise
Photo of Ben

Ben

Thanks Saadet, if you have any timeline for that, please let me know. 

• 64,980 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'll keep you guys posted when I learn more about a release date :)
Photo of Ben

Ben

much appreciated Saadet
Photo of Scott Moore

Scott Moore

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It would be great if i we could see the current status next to their name without having to enter a chat with someone. This way I could see my entire team at once rather than having to click on each name. This is a feature we miss from Skype. 
Photo of Lisa Sprong

Lisa Sprong

• 60 Points
Any updates on this?  I would like to share the use of the status but, its not user friendly.

• 63,230 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Lisa, the Product Team is still working on it. I'll keep you all posted when I learn more :)
Photo of Skye Morgan

Skye Morgan

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello - Have any updates become available for this within the last 4 weeks? Our team is in dire need of this feature as it would greatly improve productivity.

• 65,144 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Skye! Looks like they're working on getting this functionality out by end of the month :) As long as nothing crazy happens!