Collapse Options for People, Favorites, & Teams

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
The move into a single application is fantastic; I'd like to point out an area that can use some improved design consideration: The RingCentral Desktop application Navigation (left pane) gets extremely elongated if you are a heavy user of Glip.  Favorites push down the Teams; Teams push down the People and if you have open conversations with a long list of People even having your monitor turned Portrait is not enough to show all conversations.

There are a few approaches to consider:
1) Allow the sections (Favorites, Teams, and People) to be collapsible
2) Allow People to be categorized/organized by the user; these can then be collapsed

There is value in have most recent conversations bubble to the top, but permit the user to also control how these are organized.

Thank you, Ted

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Introducing the RingCentral Application.
Photo of Ted Pichalski

Ted Pichalski

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Ted, you are currently able to collapse the People, Favorites, & Teams sections by clicking on their icons :)
Photo of Susan Ronhaar

Susan Ronhaar

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Saadet,
What about Ted's second point "2) Allow People to be categorized/organized by the user; these can then be collapsed"?

I understand that the entire Favorites, Teams, Groups, Direct Messages sections can be collapsed, but I have at least a dozen people I'd like to make favorites so I can easily see them and contact them, and I don't want a full list of over a dozen people to show up when I expand the Favorites section.

It would be nice to be able to categorize the people in the Favorites list and then be able to collapse/expand the categories as needed to make the list more compact.

Thank you, Susan