Conference call: list participants

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
We need to be able to see who is on our conference calls but there is no admin portal (web or app) to manage the calls like your competitors (Citrix for example).

You can only get a caller count by pressing a combination of keys which is not always practical when you are having a conference call.

A web interface where we can log in and manage the calls and see who is dialed in would be a fantastic feature.

Any chance this can be added? 
Photo of Tom Watson

Tom Watson

• 542 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of mark

mark

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is an important feature to add. Or a way to record these calls.
Photo of Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner

Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner, Champion

• 31,800 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Audio conference calls can be recorded. See the audio conference commands here:
https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/Conference-Calling-Touch-Tone-Commands-...
(Edited)

Additionally, if you have announcements activated as well as recording activated, you will hear each participant identify themselves as they log into the conference.
Photo of mark

mark

Thanks. Would there be a way to record the calls where the participants are both non-Ringcentral users?.... and that we would not have to be active in the call at the time of the call.
(Edited)
Photo of Tom Watson

Tom Watson

What I'd like to see is an admin webpage where you could monitor who is on the call, at least by their dial in number

Mark,

I just tested the non-RingCentral users scenario. While they could conference together *if* the administrator allows participants to join without the host, they would not be able to record the call.

The only way they could accomplish this is if one of the non-RIngCentral participants had the host code. I personally cannot ever see why a RingCentral customer would give out their host code to a non-RIngCentral user.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,320 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Mark, the call recording is only retrievable to the RingCentral User that is the Host and the admin. You can download it and fwd it to them.
(Edited)
Photo of mark

mark

So we would give the host code out to our client who would then have the prospect (who we found for the client) on the line. I do not see how to record that/retrieve that information. Sounds like Kim and Jan might have the answer on that. Thanks.

*9 will activate the recording. The recording can be retrieved from either the Call Log of the administrator or from the Recordings section of the Messages tab depending on whose host code was used.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,320 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Mark, please do not give out the Host Code for security reasons. These are for RingCentral Users only, not to be handed out externally.   
Photo of Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Exactly. Very cumbersome doing the keys and all you get is a caller count. We do a lot of international calls and knowing how many are on the call, what countries they are from, etc. is very useful. Citrix has a good interface if you want to check that out.
Photo of mark

mark

Thanks everyone! I was hoping that I could have it set to record at a system level -- like I do for extensions -- but to *9 for every phone call by the host just won't be seamless enough. I have all most of our our regular extensions set to record and no one has to push *9 to start it.... Just thought that the conference lines could also be set that way. 

Is there a way to monitor the attendance otherwise? 

Mark,

If an extension is set for automatic recording, and they are using their extension for the conference call, it is not necessary to have to push *9 to record the conference. It will automatically be recorded.

On the other hand, based on your scenario of giving the host code to your client who then sets up the conference and is not one of your extensions using a direct dial line (DDL), your client host would indeed have to push *9 to record the conference,

However, as I mentioned before and Kim reiterated, I can not see a situation where you (as the RingCental client) would ever want to give out your host code. If this code hits the internet or other unscrupulous persons it could possibly degrade the use of the audio conference for everyone involved. Besides that, your client is using technology YOU are paying for. Just my opinion.
(Edited)
Photo of Justin Gibson

Justin Gibson

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled See the numbers that join a conference call and the time they were on..

Need to be able to see the numbers that join a conversation and the time they were on. This is a required feature that needs to be developed asap.
(Edited)
Photo of David Shirk

David Shirk

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I not only need to get a report of who was on a conference call, but I need to be able to create client specific participant codes and be sure only one caller can join with the participant code given to the client.

In my scenario, clients pay a subscription to join a regularly scheduled call. I want to be able to give clients a unique participant code so they have the same code on every call, but where I can enable or disable the code for just the subscribed calls. I can't have the client giving their code out to others that are not paying to join. I also can't have them joining other calls if they did not subscribe or if their subscription expires.

This is a problem now because RingCentral only has one conference number and one participant code that is shared by all participants. If a client learns of a regularly scheduled time for another call they can call in. Without an interface to see who is on the call, like this thread describes, or the ability to manage custom participant codes as described here, the conference feature has no security whatsoever beyond the good will of the persons that get the participant code. That may work for persons that rarely use their conference lines, but is a disaster for someone that uses them often. Consider two calls back to back. The people that call in early for the second call will be participating at the end of the first call. There is nothing you can do about it. Custom participant codes would make the service usable.
Photo of Symone Deserae'

Symone Deserae'

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree with these concerns - Even freeconferencecall.com gives you a list of participants on a call, along with the call duration. Frankly, I messed up in giving a company-wide internal sales webinar by not looking at the list of participants before I exited the call - now my boss is asking me for metrics I cannot give her (i.e. the names of participants and how likely they are willing to purchase our product). Kind of disappointing that this is not a basic, available feature.
Photo of Jeff Stone

Jeff Stone

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
agree - need a web portal to monitor the call (change settings, mute lines, etc)    Also reporting.. thanks
Photo of Bob Pogue

Bob Pogue, Champion

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is becoming a major issue for a number of my customers on both the Conference Call service and RC Meetings.    Please address ASAP. 
Photo of BERMUDEZ

BERMUDEZ

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is there no update on this feature? I've used several solutions that are able to list participants. Support just informed me that callers can only announce themselves and we can only see how many people are on the call. But the fact that we can't see who is on the call and who is speaking during the call seems like a pretty universal feature. Why is it still not available here? 
Photo of David Shirk

David Shirk

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Great question. I have been RingCentral user for 6 years but using free alternative solution for conference calling that has many more features. Basic service must meet the needs of most users because this forum has had no meaningful response to these requests for that whole time.
Photo of BERMUDEZ

BERMUDEZ

Hmm. That's unfortunate. Going to try to get a hold of someone because this is actually kind of ridiculous. 
Photo of JESSA FELIZARTE

JESSA FELIZARTE, Employee

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Option to see the details of the participants within an Audio Conference.

Option to see the details of the participant joining an Audio Conference ex. Name and Phone Number 
Photo of CREVECOEUR

CREVECOEUR

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Conference Call: No Call Log or Report on how many participants dialed in.

We're unable to track the list of people who dialed into our conference call.  Please Help!
Photo of BUENDIA

BUENDIA, Alum

• 476 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is a good feature. I have customers who wants this to monitor who are on the conference. Hope this gets implemented.
Photo of Adam Carte

Adam Carte

• 60 Points
Yes, odd that we can't see a list of participants on a conference call.  Looks like this thread is over 2 years old, still nothing?
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 38,574 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, Adam. We do not have an ETA at this time.
Photo of Tyler Roberts

Tyler Roberts

• 64 Points
Are you still at an Unknow ETA? 

Sorry, Tyler. I haven't heard anything about this.
Photo of NEW

NEW

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Audio conferencing.

1. Account type: U.S.
  2. Account type: U.S.
  3. Related case number: 07115490
  4. Detailed description of problem : Call logs does not show audio conference call [user extension conference number]
  5. Goal : To be able to have visibility of logs of audio conference call and to determine the number of participants that joined the audio conference
  6. Previous troubleshooting steps taken : work around only
Photo of Juan Licona

Juan Licona

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call log for conference line. Please add feature where we can see participants on....

Viewing who participates on conference call would be beneficial for our company.
Photo of Paul Vendittelli

Paul Vendittelli

• 70 Points
Any updates on this feature, this feature is critical to our business. We are new customers of Ring Central and this is definitely not acceptable. Please advise how we can make this a priority to your development team.

• 38,472 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Paul, I haven't been given any type of ETA about this feature from our Product Team. I send regular reports to them and if I hear anything, I'll be sure to update this thread
Photo of Paul Vendittelli

Paul Vendittelli

• 70 Points
Hello Saadet, can I speak to a manager of the development team, this was a critical feature we were sold on when selecting the software. I need this to be escalated, this isn't a want it is a need.

Hi Paul, unfortunately we don't have an internal process for escalating to a manager on the development team. Now, this type of participant information is available in RC Meetings, have you looked into using that?