Can you sync personal contacts with your smartphone app?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

We can import/export contacts that will stay up to date with our softphones, and ip phones, but is there a way to keep that contact list up to date on our smart phone app? Thanks!
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alex!

That's strange - it should sync just like it does with your softphone and desk phone.

Can you try this and let me know if it does sync or not?

http://success.ringcentral.com/knowledge/TOCArticleRendererPkb.apexp?id=kA280000000Grzo

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
It does not. I only have one contact in my "personal contacts" on the RIngCentral Website, and it will not sync. We're hoping to use this for business SMS, but without the ability to add all of our contacts, it's a little tedious.

Thanks again!
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alex,

Looks like this is a known issue.

Although company contacts sync, personal contacts do not.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of this one as I hear more.

Thanks for reporting it.

Desiree
Photo of Rich

Rich

• 60 Points
Hi Desiree. Is there any update on this issue regarding business contacts that we should/need to share with all employees?

I tried to circumvent this by importing a list of shared contacts into the ring central account of an employee ( ext 5) which worked great, however, the personal contacts do not show up on the end users phone. Only the company contacts.

the Iphone requires that you turn on contacts under Privacy for "Ring Central" which then in turn imports all the employees personal contacts from his phone into the ring central app..

Essentially all field staff that need to call back customers/vendors have no information to do so.. nor do they have any way to return phone calls using the ring central/company phone numbers since there are no contacts to select to call back. Essentially this results in the employees personal cell phone number being put out there for all to see.

Most importantly all after hours/emergency calls do not reflect any contact information as to who is calling and where from ( very important in our world) since you only get a phone number .. hence, the need for our customer contact data to be available and viewable to all employees.

Please give a status on this when you have a chance.. If it is not something currently being resolved with a date, it is very important to know that so I can figure out how best to move forward with a field deployed VOIP solution.

Thanks much
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,748 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rich, do you have some time to chat.

I would like to understand more about what you are trying to accomplish.

I have been installing and supporting RC systems for years and may have a suggestion.

E-Mail me directly at ckfuscone@yahoo.com so we could chat

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
630-975-1200
Photo of Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How to I sync personal contacts into my RingCentral account?.

I was able to import my contacts into my web account, but nothing shows up on the phone directory. Is there another step or setting required to synchronize these?
Photo of Katherine

Katherine

• 60 Points
This is a big problem for us as well - any news on a fix??  

Alternatively, if anyone knows if we'll ever have the ability to send SMS texts from the online interface, that would also solve our issue...

Thanks!
Photo of Eric Caldwell

Eric Caldwell

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Guys, I wouldn't hold my breath on RC listening to these requests. All they seem to be focused on is mobile apps and profits. They continue to overlook contact syncing with even the mobile apps and those contacts which could then be synced with RC. So, keep griping at these guys to get this BIG hold covered.
Photo of Steven Lewis

Steven Lewis

• 62 Points
I am having this same problem. I spoke with a RC rep who told me to like this post to get more votes. Personal contacts on my online acct are not syncing with my mobile app. 
Photo of Tom G.

Tom G.

• 60 Points
Switch to 8X8. They have contacts figured out.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.