Contacts: share my Personal Contacts with all users

• Idea
  • Updated 20 hours ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
We need a central company wide "Personal Contact List" which auto updates every day as new contacts are added. One way would be to allow the Admin or designated user the
option to share his/her Personal Contact List.
It would also be helpful to
allow any user to share their Personal Contact List with other users or groups.
Photo of Richard Callaway

Richard Callaway

• 2,302 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of LICKER

LICKER

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This threat is 3 years old, and Ringcentral really thinks that it's efficient if users in a company don't have the same contact information for clients who call in? Really? In every company the employees would need to know who is calling and being able to leave notes for this caller that are available for the next call. I am not talking about adding a complex and expensive crm like salesforce. That should be possible to accomplish through the rincentral phone app. Just let people share the contact information and add notes. so that this pops up and is available next time the client calls in. I can't believe Ringcentral spends resources for Glip that is completely useless for most companies and does not provide a very basic contact management option.
(Edited)
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

• 2,818 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
It sounds to me like that is exactly what you are talking about, a CRM Product. Glip seems to be only a communication platform. We built our CRM using the RingCentral APIs that are available. They have all the tools available to you. 
Photo of Guy Smith FOAB

Guy Smith FOAB

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Can you please confirm which package you are using please?
I was told that only Premium and above had   API access. The poor so and so's on Entry and Standard plans have no access (:-/
Photo of Jamie Gorton

Jamie Gorton

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This thread:

Users: Gee, I have more than 1 employee, we should share contacts

RC: WOW, we are FLOODED with so many good ideas! Thanks for being such an awesome community!

Users: Actually, we've been waiting for years for this and even relatively archaic technology supports this.

RC: We have no way of knowing what the users want so don't forget to "Like!" this thread
Photo of Sarah DiGloria

Sarah DiGloria

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well said. It's like they're being willfully blind about this issue.
Photo of Edwin Evangelista

Edwin Evangelista

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Synchronize contacts on all extensions.

Synchronize all contact to all extensions once a certain extension adds a contact
Also ability to add contacts on the Company Contacts
Photo of SMITH

SMITH

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Consolidated contacts for all extensions.

Consolidated contacts for all extensions for the entire account for all user to use
Photo of Jack Carey

Jack Carey

• 64 Points
this is completely necessary for a lot of paying customers and it's incredibly disappointing that this has been open for three years.