Contacts: share my Personal Contacts with all users

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
We need a central company wide "Personal Contact List" which auto updates every day as new contacts are added. One way would be to allow the Admin or designated user the
option to share his/her Personal Contact List.
It would also be helpful to
allow any user to share their Personal Contact List with other users or groups.
Photo of Richard Callaway

Richard Callaway

• 2,642 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of LICKER

LICKER

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This threat is 3 years old, and Ringcentral really thinks that it's efficient if users in a company don't have the same contact information for clients who call in? Really? In every company the employees would need to know who is calling and being able to leave notes for this caller that are available for the next call. I am not talking about adding a complex and expensive crm like salesforce. That should be possible to accomplish through the rincentral phone app. Just let people share the contact information and add notes. so that this pops up and is available next time the client calls in. I can't believe Ringcentral spends resources for Glip that is completely useless for most companies and does not provide a very basic contact management option.
(Edited)
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

• 3,182 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
It sounds to me like that is exactly what you are talking about, a CRM Product. Glip seems to be only a communication platform. We built our CRM using the RingCentral APIs that are available. They have all the tools available to you. 
Photo of Guy Smith FOAB

Guy Smith FOAB

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Can you please confirm which package you are using please?
I was told that only Premium and above had   API access. The poor so and so's on Entry and Standard plans have no access (:-/
Photo of Jamie Gorton

Jamie Gorton

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This thread:

Users: Gee, I have more than 1 employee, we should share contacts

RC: WOW, we are FLOODED with so many good ideas! Thanks for being such an awesome community!

Users: Actually, we've been waiting for years for this and even relatively archaic technology supports this.

RC: We have no way of knowing what the users want so don't forget to "Like!" this thread
Photo of Sarah DiGloria

Sarah DiGloria

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well said. It's like they're being willfully blind about this issue.
Photo of Edwin Evangelista

Edwin Evangelista

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Synchronize contacts on all extensions.

Synchronize all contact to all extensions once a certain extension adds a contact
Also ability to add contacts on the Company Contacts
Photo of SMITH

SMITH

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Consolidated contacts for all extensions.

Consolidated contacts for all extensions for the entire account for all user to use
Photo of Jack Carey

Jack Carey

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
this is completely necessary for a lot of paying customers and it's incredibly disappointing that this has been open for three years.
Photo of Laura Forrester

Laura Forrester

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Our employees absolutely need to be able to share contacts. Had no idea that this was not a function of RC, I didn't even think to ask about it because it seemed so basic.
Photo of Athena L.

Athena L.

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I was told by RC's tech support to go to the "community" to reach the RC engineers about this Feature Request.  Not sure if they even read these posts at all, and also not sure why it has been 5 years since OP started this thread, and I still need to export all my boss's contacts & import into our sales reps contact lists manually, just so everyone in the company will know who's calling us... 

Am I missing something??  If so, please let me know! :)
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Athena, we regularly send reports to the Product Team about the hundreds of requests we receive monthly. Right now this is something that our Product Team understands and they're looking into how they can make it happen. There's no ETA right now but when we learn more, we'll share on this thread :)
Photo of Alkinga

Alkinga

• 64 Points
New to RC, we are just moving over from a free PBX system and a bit perplexed by how contacts are intended to be used by RC customers. We didn’t expect to lose such an important feature going from Free to Paid.

I see there have been 200 people actively interested in the topic and it has been over 5 years. Is there any threshold that RC uses to trigger an issue like this being addressed?

I ask because I think there are likely hundreds more that read the thread and feel reaching out will be futile. Can you give us some understanding of how practically RC thinks we should handle this?
Photo of Becky - Community Support

Becky - Community Support, Official Rep

• 1,290 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Alkinga, we totally hear you and understand how frustrating this can be. 
As Saadet mentioned, we will share when we have more details from the Product Team.