Convert Call Recordings into Text Transcript

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
How do I Convert Call Recordings into Text Transcript?  This should be a basic, and easy to access, feature.  Everything else out there does this and RC is a very premium, very expensive, service.
Photo of Markus Byron

Markus Byron

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,586 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think you are slightly mistaken. Most all providers, including RIngCentral, do transcribe voice mail messages into a text document (or email). None that I am aware of transcribe entire call recordings into text documents. Some calls can be quite long, not to mention that a transcriber (human or digital) would not know who the participants of a conversation are and some voices might sound similar. This would make a call recording very hard to transcribe.

RingCentral does offer the voice mail transcription in the Premium or Ultimate editions of their Office Plan.

Photo of Alan White

Alan White

• 70 Points
There is a solution readily available for you to be more productive and take the most out of your investment in RingCentral’s VOIP Business Phone service. The Voice to Text Transcription Service for RingCentral is provided by Velvetech who is a Premier ISV Partner of RingCentral.