Create two seperate recordings during one call.

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
Photo of SUSAN BOOTH

SUSAN BOOTH

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 34,056 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Susan,

Can you expound on this a little more? Are you saying that when you record a call you want to save it and then make a copy of that recording? If so, that is simply a matter of a copy and paste operation in the folder you save the original recording to.

To be honest, I can't see where this would be a functionality that RingCentral would spend time programming a solution for in light of the very few customers who might need something like this, especially since this is basically a function of the operating system.

If I'm wrong in what you need done, please expound on your idea a little more fully.
Photo of SUSAN BOOTH

SUSAN BOOTH

Hi  our clients require two different recordings from one telephone call

The first is a legal contract agreement which will be forwarded to the Energy Supplier and must be one complete recording

Then whilst we are still on the call with the customer we need to make a second detailed recording which will be sent to another department 

so make - first recording - end recording  -  save

then - start the second different recording - save

The recordings can then be forwarded to the Correct Departments

At the moment only one recording can be made during a telephone call

Many Thanks
Sue Booth
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 33,282 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Okay...I see what you're saying. Yes...even with an "On Demand Call Recording" it will append the new section of the recording to the old one since it is the same call.

I don't know how many other RingCentral customers would need this functionality. One of the RingCentral forum administrators will hopefully change this to an "Idea" so the development team can take a look at it. Make sure you "Vote" for it yourself in the upper right hand corner of the original post.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,856 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yep... I changed it to an Idea.
Photo of SUSAN BOOTH

SUSAN BOOTH

HI Mike,   I really hope that this will become a feature of the call recording system as it is essential to our business

Many Thanks   Sue
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Can you provide some additional clarity around having separate recordings? What exactly would be the difference in having two separate recordings/files. What is the reason the same recording can not be sent to two different recipients?Mike
Photo of SUSAN BOOTH

SUSAN BOOTH

Contracts can be written agreements  or verbal agreements  The contract details are read to the customer  e.g  Mobile Phone Contract,  Holiday Contract or Utilities etc and as a legal verbal contract it must be an individual recording  Many Thanks Sue
Tel 01253 978725
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 22,148 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think I have a work around for you that I just tested myself.  If you park the call and pick it back up and then *9 to record you will create a separate recording.  Give it a try and let us know.  

It seems reasonable in practice that while you are on the phone with your customers you could ask them to hold one moment and simply park and pick them back up to talk through the second contract.

Better than the alternative which I assume is somebody using an audio editor to split the recordings.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 33,282 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Great idea Brandon!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Thanks Susan, so the 2nd recording is really just part of the call? Is that correct?  I just want this request to be clear for other viewers and our product team.

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of SUSAN BOOTH

SUSAN BOOTH

Ok   So we are speaking to customers to offer Price Options and answer queries  -- The customer decides to agree a contract -- We start the Recording read the terms exactly and 'end' the recording this is the ' contract' which we then need to Save as Contrract  = Just as you would for example for a  Mobile Phone or Holiday Contract -

We are still on the call and now need to make a second recording with details required for another department but at this point the system just picks up the Contract and records onto the contract part of the call and the 'Contract'  would then be void

The basic need is to be able to make a recording and Save it whilst still on the call

That would enable us to make a second recording during the call

We need to --   START RECORDING  -- END and SAVE RECORDING whilst still on the call --  this would then enable us to make a second Recording  START RECORDING   - END and SAVE the 2nd Separate Recording

Please give me a ring if you want to discuss any details

Many Thanks   Sue
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Thanks for the details Susan... that is pretty clear!

Mike