IVR: more than one auto attendant.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Can we please be given the option to create more than 1 auto attendant. Can we also get the option to select a menu option on the first auto attendant that can go to a sub menu with more options? Also you should be able to direct different numbers on your account to these auto attendants. Jive Communications already has this feature. Ring Central needs it too!!!
Photo of Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Talbot Menear

Talbot Menear

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'll give you my company name because I came here to request this feature or find out how to accomplish the same thing.... Visual Solutions, Inc. Honestly, I can't believe we only have one layer of auto-attendant available to us. I'll also go ahead and throw in that I'd like the ability to have the ability to assign different lists of dial-by-names per auto-attendant.

Talbot
Photo of Chris Loyd

Chris Loyd

• 72 Points
I too would like this option.
Photo of Larry Solheim

Larry Solheim

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is very beneficial. I have swiched from 8x8 (Packet-8) where I had that ability. I was told this could be done when I chose RingCentral (and I know there is a sort of work around to do it) but it is not very practical.

This is especially important for small businesses who have more than one iron in the fire, or for those who deal with multiple event type businesses. It would be great to be able to put an information hotline auto attendant with recorded information for each event. The problem with the work around (creating extension numbers for messages) is that if someone just types in 1, 2 or 3 instead of 301, 302 or 503... it goes to messages which may be associated with a different company or department. It would be so much better to be able to create separate auto attendants which would use the more simple 1, 2, 3... 0 options for choices.
Photo of Denny Lasaath

Denny Lasaath

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This an option to have with multiple call attendant. Nextiva has this option! Why can't Ring Central do the same?
Photo of Jay

Jay

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Denny, have you tied Nextiva? I am thinking about switching to them, or another competitor, so I can have the multiple auto attendant.
Photo of Jay

Jay

Yes, I have tried the work around and it is too glitchy. We need the option for more than one company auto attendant.
Photo of Jay

Jay

My name is Jay Renneisen and my company is the Nursing Home & Elder Abuse Law Center.
Photo of Larry Solheim

Larry Solheim

Again I want to reiterate that many other virtual pbx systems have the capability of multiple auto attendants AND sub menus. It has nothing to do with group assignments. That takes place inside the aa branching. I am not sure why ringcentral is not getting the importance if this feature. So many of us have different numbers for different small businesses which need to be routed separately. Please RC help us out on this one.
Photo of Jay

Jay

My sentiments exactly Larry. Can you recommend a good competitor?
Photo of Larry Solheim

Larry Solheim

There are many (some of which are mentioned above) but no one company has it all. I used Packet 8 (8x8.com). Their rates are a bit higher but it is a real business phone system. I moved to RC because their phone app worked better, however with 8x8 I had more features in their phone app like hold and conference. Beware that 8x8's phone app doesn't work well over 3G. Maybe some of the other ones above are better. I am going to look into those as well because my patience on several features is wearing thin with RC.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone - good news, we do have plans to expand the capabilities of our IVR (aka Auto-Receptionist). It's on the roadmap for this year, which means implementing the multiple-auto-attendant is on our to-do list. I don't have a firm ETA, but it is coming.
Photo of Jay

Jay

Hi Ben: Can you give any idea when this is going to happen? I have already checked out Vocalocity, who does have more then one auto attendant functionality, but I would rather stay with Ring Central.
Photo of Nicholas Armstrong

Nicholas Armstrong

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I set up multiple companies under one account?.

I'd like to set up multiple companies, each with their own direct number and auto-receptionist (or at least extension menu). Is this possible?

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of Larry Solheim

Larry Solheim

I for one is excited that this may actually be on the horizon finally. I think this is a missing link that more people understand and use once it is available.

Thanks in advance for the feature.
Photo of Larry Solheim

Larry Solheim

I think some additional features should be added to make this even more useful.

1) programmable hot keys for functions such as "press * to go back to the main menu at any time", or "press # to go back to the previous menu".
2) the ability to have more then one or two levels of tree. This is especially useful when using the AA for short informational messages and options to dial down to the right person.
3) the ability to transfer the callers option tree to another separate AA. For example, if someone calls into the companies main AA, then chooses "support" for example, by choosing that it could transfer to the same AA that another person may dial directly into by calling a separate number. This could also be useful for people such as myself who have a few different companies under different names. I would like to have the option to have a main number which would easily branch off into each of my smaller business' separate AA's. Or on the other hand, if someone dialed into a smaller business' AA's, they would have an option to transfer to the parent company's AA instead.
Photo of Dieter Rencken

Dieter Rencken, Employee

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The multi-level IVR (autoattendant) feature is now available - it will be rolled out to our existing customers through the end of the month.  Voice menus can be linked together to build "trees" . Prompts can be recorded and there is also a basic text to speech option.

Typically you would assign a main voice menu to handle calls to your company number but you could also have  independent voice menus with there own DID's.

More information is available here :  http://www.ringcentral.com/office/features/multi-level-auto-attendant/overview.html

Photo of Hirsch Traube

Hirsch Traube

• 70 Points
Can we please be given the option to create more than 1 auto attendant
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,466 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

It has been available for more than 6 months now.  The premium has a multi level IVR that will do exactly that.

What plan are you on?

you will need premium not the standard.

Thanks

Chuck

Certified Ring central Installer

chuckfuscone@gmail.com

Photo of Hirsch Traube

Hirsch Traube

• 70 Points
and how about having on both a sub category with the same number but it should go to other phones  
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Yes, fully functional multi level IVR.  It is very nice for those with multiple businesses, or have layers of menus that are needed.

I provide RC consulting services and have worked with many on setting these up.  If you need assistance, please reach out.

Chuck

Photo of Jay

Jay

Chuck, what is your contact info and how much do you charge?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Hi Jay, sorry I missed this.  

Contact me on Monday.  Will discuss all with you off this platform

Thank you

chuckfuscone@gmail.com
Certified Ring Central Installer
630-975-1200