Custom Away Status

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
On the Glip app, you can set custom away status messages. Is there any way to delete ones that are no longer in use? or do they stay there forever?
Photo of Kayla Rolich

Kayla Rolich

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 7,884 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kayla, 

The easiest way to delete any custom away message is to go to the custom field, and enter in a space. This will save the field as a blank field, effectively allowing you to delete the previous custom status :) 
Photo of Merlene Manuel

Merlene Manuel

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Where is this custom field you describe?
Photo of Kayla Rolich

Kayla Rolich

https://i.imgur.com/nsABM16.png
The "set custom status". If you notice, I have a status called "lunch til 12:30", is there any way to delete that?
Photo of Merlene Manuel

Merlene Manuel

I just figured what she means.  Lol.  To add a custom status, click on your picture icon (or member icon if no picture saved), then "Share Status", then enter a note (ex., Out of Office for Holidays).  To remove the status note, click on your picture/member icon, then "Share Status", then enter a space.  The result is that is erases the former note.  Simple, but not obvious.
Photo of Kayla Rolich

Kayla Rolich

Shoot, do you have to do it after that exact status was created? Because that's not working for me. I even switched to that status, then did the space, and its still there.

Hi Kayla, 

Can you send us a screenshot of what it looks like when you click on custom status, when you would enter in the space and save?  

Thanks! So the process you are using is correct, but the other custom statuses won't go away even if you delete out the custom status, they will stay in the options, but your status should clear out. You may not be able to see it, but a coworker can check your status for you. 
Photo of Kayla Rolich

Kayla Rolich

Ah okay! So the custom status' we create don't go away at all? So if I put in a few different times that I'd be returning to lunch (if I left late or early), they all just stay in there?

Yes, exactly! Then you can select the status from the 'quick list' instead of typing out the same custom status. 
Photo of Merlene Manuel

Merlene Manuel

Jessica.  I do not see the same view as you do.  I do not have Custom Status'es that stay in memory.  So, I have to click on "Share Status" then type the verbiage I want people to see next to my name.  To clear the note, I again click Share Status, and type the Space bar.  Here is a screen shot of my Version, and of what I see.  How do I get the same view as you?  Nothing in Preferences or Profile that I can find. Thank you.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,160 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Merlene,

Jessica and myself are actually on the same version as you. Sounds like your company has either received the newest update or was in Beta. While Kayla is on an older version of the app, which is why the statuses are saved.

What you're seeing is the new Status feature that also takes into account Presence even more than the versions in the past.
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 72 Points
Are there plans to provide the quick list again rather than have to type 'Out for lunch' or 'In a Meeting' every single day?
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,160 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Mike! Our Product Team is working on making the quick options for the desktop app mirror what is currently on the mobile app. We haven't been told when that will happen but it is on the roadmap.
Photo of Steve Zanardi

Steve Zanardi

• 60 Points
This is still needed
Photo of Luke Sipple

Luke Sipple

• 774 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Bump.  We need feature & experience parity between mobile and desktop!