Custom Cover Sheet when sending faxes via email

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Fax via e-mail: Allow email body content to populate Comment section of fax cover page

1. US
2. A currently large customer with multiple numbers trying to setup more but needs this fixed.
3. Urgent for RingCentral to be used over eFax/myfax
4. We are currently using eFax/myfax but would like to change to Ringcentral where we have most of our fax numbers.  We have a software that processes our information and sends it via email to a fax number.  Everything is working but the coversheet.  We need to be able to upload a custom coverpage like we do on the softphone to the Outbound fax settings.  The software does not give us the option to save and then email from softphone, without a customer coversheet we can not transition this process to you.  our coverpage is in word and works in the softphone.
5. This would allow us to send from our software using RingCentral vs efax.  We currently have 2 numbers doing this but are expanding.  Please add the feature so that we can us your service.
6. I saw some similar but not exactly requesting the ability to have a custom page.

I am reopening this as my previous request was closed out without resolution.  POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/customization-coversheet-for-faxes-sent-via-ema...

Photo of Fairbanks

Fairbanks

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Fustrated as you closed my request without resolution or options

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,588 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Fairbanks

Thanks for your post.  Can you provide a little more detail so that our Product Team gets a full understanding of your needs.   Can you clarify the following statments?  Is this some sort of 3rd party software, and not an ordinary email client?  

The software does not give us the option to save and then email from softphone, without a customer coversheet we can not transition this process to you.  our coverpage is in word and works in the softphone.
 5. This would allow us to send from our software using RingCentral vs efax.  We currently have 2 numbers doing this but are expanding.  
Photo of Fairbanks

Fairbanks

The software sending the information has our email setup so that it creates the fax.  It does not allow us to add additional documents to the fax.  It sends via email client.  So when the fax goes out it goes out like a "Faxes Sent via Email".  The coverpage that you provide list the ringcentral phone number which is not adequate for receivers to contact and we need more information on it than you are allowing since the subject is what is used for the message vs the email content.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,588 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
OK.. thanks. So, to clarify, it's more than just being able to just use the body of the email for the cover sheet message. You need additional fields as well, is that correct? 

Mike  
Photo of Fairbanks

Fairbanks

Yes we need to be able to use our custom cover sheet so that it has the correct contact information shown.  The RingCentral options all show the Ringcentral phone number and extension which does not work for our needs.  We must also have a HIPPA statement that is more than what is allowed in the subject.  We would prefer using our custom page that has this information already typed into it and allows us to present a consistent look to our fax recipients.
Photo of Eric L

Eric L

• 2,648 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I agree with Fairbanks on this matter, and have a few thoughts of my own.  Sending faxes through the desktop app works great, but overall there are a few quirks which could be improved.

1.  Along the lines of what Fairbanks said, there should be a Subject line and a Notes/Comments section.  My biggest issue with RC eFax is that when sending a fax via email, the only way to insert comments is by typing in the subject line.  Unfortunately, the subject line in an email doesn't allow multiple lines of text (can't use "Enter" to go a couple spaces down before adding more text).  Instead, make it so that the body of the email fills the Notes/Comments, and add a Subject field on the desktop app.

2.  I like that I can create a custom fax cover page, but we don't only send faxes through the app.  Unfortunately, the custom cover page saved through the app doesn't carry over to the online account.  Thus, sending through the app uses the custom page, while email fax is limited to the default options, resulting in different cover pages.  (last I checked this was the case, not sure if this has been updated in the past couple months)

I hope to hear that this is something that could be resolved soon!
Photo of Fairbanks

Fairbanks

Eric they are currently voting on the subject line request.  Be sure to go there and vote for this issue to be resolved.

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/text_in_comment_section_of_fax_cover_page

Photo of Eric L

Eric L

• 2,648 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Actually, it turns out I already have.  Thanks!
Photo of Fairbanks

Fairbanks

Your welcome!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.