customer support doesn't want to help, they just want to end the conversation.

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
I logged into my ringcentral app on my computer and all my texts were gone. When I contacted tech support they told me I would have to manually add all my messages again and that it could be a recurring problem. They had no way to help me aside from telling me I would have to spend hours fixing a problem with their system. When I asked to escalate the matter, they told me that the issue wasn't important enough to escalate. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. VERY VERY disappointed with customer service. I will be shopping for a new provider. 
Photo of Yousef A

Yousef A

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated and upset

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 8,384 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Yousef, 

I'm sorry this has been your experience! Can you email us more details (who you spoke to, if you have any case numbers, your account information) to community.support@ringcentral.com?  I'd like to look into this further. 
Photo of Yousef A

Yousef A

I sent their email response to me to the email address you listed. This is absolutely out of hand that It's been nearly a week and nobody can help me simply access some old text messages. It is unbelievable that I have had this escalated to your third level of technicians and nobody can figure this out. Truly remarkable how nobody can figure this out.  I am both frustrated and annoyed and fully intend on seeking additional options. 
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 8,344 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I looked into your case and followed up with the owner to ask that they reach out to you ASAP. 
Photo of Yousef A

Yousef A

Well, they reached out to me, couldn't fix the issue and offered me a small refund. I told them I didn't feel it was acceptable so they escalated the matter. After they did, they sent an email to me that was supposed to go to another one of your clients. The email had the person name and phone number on it(which I am sure they would be quite distraught if they found out about it) and how they would be giving them a 3-month credit for their issues. However, they only offered my company a 2-month credit. So, they insulted us with a low offer and claimed it was the highest they can offer, and then insulted us again by showing us they can offer a higher amount but they chose not to. They also sent out information that they shouldn't have which calls into question the companies security protocols and if you have ever given any of our information out to others erroneously. I am perplexed at how this situation could spiral to where it is. No resolution to our software issue, a lower amount credited to us than was initially suggested, an email from your technician sharing another clients personal information, evidence that they gave another client a higher refund than us even though we were told it was the most that could be refunded, calling into question your security protocols. Truly a mess. 
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Yousef,

I'd like to look into this. Could you forward me those emails as attachments? community.support@ringcentral.com