Dates in RC App (Glip) > Tasks are always shown in US format: m/d/yy

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
There are no International options in Preferences in version 18.11.2 of Glip and it does not appear to use the operating system's date format settings. This makes dates such as '4/2/18' confusing because in the UK this means '2018-Feb-04'. Have I missed something? Can I change the date format?
Photo of David Hepper

David Hepper

• 334 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 8,344 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi David, 

This isn't a functionality right now, but I could see how it would be helpful for our international customers I flipped it to an idea so other's can vote on it as a new feature request! 
Photo of Mark Blake

Mark Blake

• 528 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This feature is essential.  I understand that Glip is developed in the USA,   but from memory,   nowhere else in the world uses the mm/dd/yy format..   Every other country is using dd/mm/yy
Photo of Rory Saunders

Rory Saunders

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am a UK customer wanting to use the full RingCentral app but I cannot use the tasks app without the UK date format dd/mm/yyyy.  Only the US format is showing and I can see no option to change.
Photo of Peter Annadale

Peter Annadale

• 66 Points
I have just joined prior to our company coming on board shortly, this is really essential that we can have the glip app pickup the local date format or be able to set it in preferences the US date format is really just unacceptable and will confuse our users.
Photo of Mark Sargent

Mark Sargent

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This shouldn't be "an idea" but a basic feature, for any serious Vendor's product!!!

AND WOW, posted 8mths ago, with no feature update for this. That's some serious lack of focus! Furthermore, you're looking for "votes"? RC is penetrating global markets as we speak. Mindboggling!
(Edited)