Default Greetings and Hold Music

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Hold Music: Add more hold music options

I have set a greeting for the whole company, and also hold music. However, each extension seems to override this. It would seem useful to have a comany wide setting "Extensions default to Company Greeting" and/or "Company Hold Music". That would permit a consistent interface to the customer and avoid the admin from setting each extension individually. At that point, if an individual extension needs a different greeting, and/or a different hold music, one can change just that extension.
Photo of pgodfrin@hartfamilymedicine.com

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ashlynn Kaplan

Ashlynn Kaplan, Champion

• 1,150 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Agreed. When I set up an account with 14+ phones, this would be nice. I have to go to each extension and change each from the default individual extension, especially when they chose alternate hold music or greetings. It becomes quite a tedious process for larger accounts. 
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,790 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That is why there is a template feature for addressing this issue.

Templates could be easily created and then applied so settings are consistant.

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
See - you learn something new every day. Didn't know about the template feature.
Thanks!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,378 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for helping out Chuck!

Here is an FAQ page which will answer or lead you all to the information you are probably looking for. ;Templates Frequently Asked Questions

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.