- Message notificationstake ages to arrive if at all
- HUD claims that either other phones are available,but they are not or they are active and they are not.
This list of ranges is specifically for the Desktop App:
Check for Network Requirement updates here: Network requirements
Other things to try:
- (MAC) Clear Softphone library data to isolate any software issues with message threads loading properly.
- (MAC/PC) Ensure that proper ports are setup on local network; For example, ports 8000-8200 are utilized for softphone functionality.
- (MAC) Make sure that OS X’s integrated firewall is not blocking RingCentral for Mac, and allowing full access (System preferences/Security/Firewall).
I hope this helps.
OS X - 10.11.1
RingCentral for Mac
Release: 184.108.40.20662 (64-bit)
Mac users are experiencing two types of delays related to RC Desktop for Mac.
First - severe lag between desktop and mobile message delivery. Quite often can read message on mobile RC app before desktop app will even display notification of new message.
Second - lag or sometime no display of message thread. Clicking on a message thread (whether there is a new message or not) will display a blank screen with no message history. Closing that thread and re-opening will usually restore.
Third - hitting SEND from from desktop app will often show a 5-10second delay with the green progress bar and the word SENDING at the top.
Is this a client or server-side problem?
You will find that it still will not refresh even after a reload, waste of time. It will also certainly be your router not compatible with RingCentral, I know mad for the number 1 software. I had a Draytec router which is not that uncommon to finally be told it will not work finally after many painful calls to Manila. I change ISP to Virgin, used their hub and it works 100%
Very poor, wish I would have signed up to a different VOIP provider now.
I'm sure I'll be told to go to the idea center for a product suggestion, but could they at least move the refresh option (show more) to the top of the RingCentral Desktop app window?
2018-05-18 You can download the updated version of the RingCentral for Windows HUD (now renamed RingCentralPhone) here and it did resolve the same issue for us.....
Saadet posted this earlier in this same thread above a few months ago ----
Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep
- 28,820 Points
If you are having these issue, please open a case so we can get the debug logs from the softphone and investigate what's going on.