Desktop App: Presence Displaying Incorrectly

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

US RingCentral Office Enterprise

About a week or two ago, we started noticing that our HUD's were displaying Presence incorrectly.  When a call would come through our Call Queue, our receptionist would answer the phone, but the HUD would show that it was answered by my extension; even if the receptionist would put the call on hold, my extension would then show that I have the call on hold.

At the recommendation of another customer in this Community, I turned off & cleared all of the Presence settings for every user (this was recommended for a different Presence issue that was happening at the same time).  After setting up Presence again, everything seemed to be working great.

Unfortunately, the problem is now repeating itself, still when the receptionist answers the phone, but this time it shows a different user answering it (instead of me).

Do you have any advice on how to fix/resolve this issue?  I'd really prefer not to clear & reconfigure the Presence settings again, as it's really inconvenient & cumbersome.
Photo of Eric L

Eric L

• 2,688 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,058 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
HI Eric,  There were apparently some issues with this a few months ago, but the problem was solved some time ago. This is usually caused by something not being configured correctly in the network/router settings. 

This page contains all the required Network Settings

If everything is configured correctly and you are still having this issue, please open a support case so we can look into this for you.  Please include samples, screenshots (if possible), times, dates, numbers, etc. 

Photo of Eric L

Eric L

• 2,688 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike!  We had our IT guy configure the settings earlier this year, and nothing should've changed since then.  I'll have him take another look to confirm, and I'll open a case if necessary.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.