Desktop application failing to log text and voicemail messages that do get logged on iphone app

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
Sporadically, voice mail messages and text messages received and logged on my iphone RC app do not show up in the RC for Windows application.  Anyone else seen this?  Support had me uninstall and reinstall the application on my PC.   Doesn't seem to have solved the problem.  Running 9.4.3
Photo of Phil Glantz

Phil Glantz

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Foster Brown

Foster Brown

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same here - I did the uninstall and reinstall - it works for a while after reboot computer then stops working again.  A fix would be nice.  Hope someone is listening.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,160 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Phil and Foster,

Do the messages never show up on your PC application? Or is there a long lag time and they eventually show up?
Photo of Foster Brown

Foster Brown

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
In my case once they stop showing up it is permanent until I reboot then I get for a short time and they stop again.  Do not get for a full 24 hours that is certain.
I think mine is doing the same thing. Basically on mine the app stops updating messages. I can see them come in under the emails I get but I have to exit the program all together and restart to see the text message and respond.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,160 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hey Everyone,

We'll need to investigate this, so please open a case and include Debug Logs from your Mobile App and Desktop App as well as Call Samples for when you receive an SMS/Voicemail.

Photo of BRELLENTHIN

BRELLENTHIN

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Voicemail on mobile app but not on desktop app.

Able to see all voicemails on my mobile app but when I log into the desktop app they are not there.  I am sure it is a setting somewhere but I can not seem to find it.  Any ideas?
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Champion

• 2,636 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
This is an issue we are now seeing internally and with our clients.  We've had success with right clicking in messages and clicking refresh.   While that avoids us needed to reboot or uninstall/reinstall, it is not ideal.   Hopefully the Dev team resolves this soon.  
Photo of Sales Line

Sales Line

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Desktop app and mobile app sms messages not synced.

We use text messages extensively.  This morning I received several text messages to my mobile phone but when I got to the office none were shown on the desktop app.  Since being here more have come in and still none show up on the mobile app.  If I search for a particular contact and open my last text message with them, the new messages are there--they just aren't coming through the desktop app or giving me notifications.  So if I'm not watching my cell phone while in the office, I'll miss them.  Is there a setting that needs to be switched on?  I've turned my computer off and back on, but it hasn't worked.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,908 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Make certain that you are logged in on the Desktop app under the same login that you are on the Mobile app. I have seen that happen before where an administrator was logged in to his Mobile app using his DDL (Direct Dial Line) but was logged into his Desktop app using the admin extension login (x101 in his case). Not sure if you are an admin that is one way what you are experiencing can occur.
Photo of Sales Line

Sales Line

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Edit (Spoke too soon).  My original reply is below, but it was short lived.  Not getting texts to the desktop app again as originally mentioned. 

That has happened to us before also.  This time I was logged in correctly.  I think I corrected the issue by re-installing the desktop app (it was current so I chose to repair it on the installation app).  It's back to working correctly.
(Edited)
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,908 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Good deal!
Photo of Kristy Rudolph

Kristy Rudolph

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled suggestion - Desktop & Mobile App Sync SMS messages.

Currently the desktop app and the mobile app do not sync SMS messages.  They do sync call logs, however.  Please update the software to sync all messages.