Google App: Direct Calling From Plugin

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Google App: run like Desktop app, not call controller (use direct dial)

I'd love to see the app and chrome plugin allow direct click to call instead of always being set to ring out mode. The popout softphone seems lacking compared to the desktop app.
Photo of GEILMAN

GEILMAN

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andy Thompson

Andy Thompson, Sales Engineer (SE)

• 706 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Great topic!  We will add support for this down the road, but I cannot provide a firm timeline on this today.  My recommendation would be to connect with your account executive to get an accurate forecast for that type of functionality (may require a mutual NDA).
Photo of Jason Maklary

Jason Maklary

• 424 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I specifically moved our service from another provider because of your google interface however seems to be lacking.  Like making a call directly, SMS from my main number instead of direct line.  
Photo of Andy Thompson

Andy Thompson, Sales Engineer (SE)

• 706 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jason,

Certainly understandable.  Are there any other functions that you are lacking at this time?  To confirm, direct dialing via Google Apps is a priority.

Also, there is one DigitalLine extension (Auto-Receptionist > Operator Extension) tjhat can SMS from the company main number via either the RingCentral for Desktop softphone or Smartphone application (iOS or Android) mobile application.  Have you been leveraging these for both calling and SMS in the interim?

We anticipate support of this feature via RingCentral for Google down the road, but it is not supported today.
Photo of Jason Maklary

Jason Maklary

• 424 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The problem with having to go to SMS from the desktop app is I don't get my company google contacts.  Either bring the function of the google app to the desktop app or bring the function of the desktop app to the google app is what it comes down too.   Also through the google app it would be nice to have groups.  We need to be able to send out broadcast text messages to our field staff to their cell phones.  
Photo of Greg Geilman

Greg Geilman

• 60 Points
Very simply, being able to click-to-dial from the browser. That's what everyone wants. I don't care if it launches the soft phone app or does the direct dial from within the browser. Just click-to-dial please (not where it dials the person and connects the call to my cell phone, but just dials them direct). Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.