Direct outbound call from an app to RingCentral with no callback

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

We have a database of customers in a tool called QuickBase. Which is very much like SalesForce. QuickBase is a SaaS that is on the web. Our customers are in this database with their phone numbers. We can create a link 555-555-1212. We would like to click on this type of link and be immediately connect through RingCentral to an outbound call to that number. Can this be done?

We do not want to be called back from RingCentral first, we want the call to go directly out.

Can this be done?
Photo of Scott Burday

Scott Burday

• 70 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,696 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Scott, the only reason that you get the call back is because you are using the Ring Out feature. If you paid for a line connected to that soft phone then you could be able to click and dial directly out.

Ring Central Office has this feature

Let me know how I could assist

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,696 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Scott, the only reason that you get the call back is because you are using the Ring Out feature. If you paid for a line connected to that soft phone then you could be able to click and dial directly out.

Ring Central Office has this feature

Let me know how I could assist

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Scott - currently, our API only supports RingOut calls (i.e., the kind where the RC system calls your number and then forwards the call on to the intended recipient). We do hope to open our API up sometime in 2014, however, so stay tuned for that.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Here is the RingOut API link: http://service.ringcentral.com/ringoutapi/.
Photo of Tania Houston

Tania Houston

• 60 Points
We are new to RC, and all looking great so far apart from this. When our sales team call out, I don't want any delay before they connect and they are complaining about the delay that ringback incurs (which didn't happen with our previous provider). We are well into 2014 now - any news on this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.