Disable Ability to Turn on Automatic Call Answering - Desktop App

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
We have a call queue that is set up to ring to everyone in our sales staff simultaneously so that whoever is available (and paying attention) can grab the call. However, It has come to my attention that an employee figured out how to turn on a setting in RingCentral for Desktop that makes it so that his call controller will answer all incoming calls automatically after 5 seconds. This is unfair for the sales reps and i need a way to prevent them from being able to turn this feature on. Is there a way to do that?
Photo of Corporate Network

Corporate Network

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 64,618 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Do you have a screen shot of the setting that your sales rep put on their softphone?
Photo of Janson

Janson

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I wish this could be disabled also for specific groups. Lucky for me, no one has found this option yet.

Photo of Janson

Janson

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
*disabled for specific groups.

I would like to leave this option available for our Support group but disable for Sales as was mentioned by Corporate Network.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 64,618 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Everyone,

I've changed this to a feature request so others can vote on the option to disable this feature for users. Please vote in the upper right hand corner!
Photo of D Bour

D Bour

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This will become a problem for our environment as well.  Please disable the ability for users to change this setting.