Display of mobile phone numbers for Employees in the Ring Central company directory

• Idea
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • (Edited)
Our company would like to have the Employees mobile "cell" numbers show up in the Ring Central Phone desktop application.  When you add the Employees cell phone number in the Mobile Phone field of the User Details section, the Ring Central Phone application lists the new number as Direct Number instead of Mobile number.  In the iPhone Application and the Android application the phone number is properly displayed as Mobile Number.  The only place the number is improperly labeled is the Ring Central Phone application.  

When I asked Ring Central, they stated that the program is functioning the way it is intended.  This seemed very strange to us.  Is anyone else wanting the same functionality? 
Photo of CHARLES LEITNER

CHARLES LEITNER

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Tim

Tim

• 70 Points
I agree with Charles; this would be a great enhancement.  At the moment, I have to rely on adding a user's mobile phone number to my personal Gmail contacts and exposing that to RingCentral.  That's hardly ideal.  No one else in the company is able to leverage my personal Gmail contacts and, of course, I don't want them to.

We need the ability to have the RingCentral Phone application to provide the ability for a caller to choose (at a minimum) either a direct phone line or mobile phone number.