Do people have the option to "opt-out" of receiving text messages from the Ring Central app?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

My company has Ring Central accounts and we are looking to use this feature. We are a recruitment company and are looking to potentially use this an alternative method for contacting candidates, but want to first confirm that there is an opportunity for those candidates to opt-out of receiving these text messages if they would like.
Photo of Smith

Smith

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,336 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I would think if you click that option off, in Notifications, they would not receive a text notification.  If you don't want them to receive a text via the smart phone APP, you can request SMS be turned off on a per user basis. Would need to do so via support ticket.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,254 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
To my knowledge there is no "opt-out" functionality with the business SMS messages, mainly because there is no database of numbers for the SMS service, just like your personal cell phone. If you send an SMS text message to a candidate and they don't want to receive text messages from you I would imagine they will let you know. You would then need to have some internal method of notating that that candidate does not wish to receive text messages.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,068 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
,Smith   Can you provide some more clarification?  Are you talking about the recipients (not RingCentral users), that receive texts from you?  If so, no, there's not an opt out features as it really isn't designed as a marketing tool. 

Mike 
Photo of Andy Thompson

Andy Thompson, Sales Engineer (SE)

• 706 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Smith,

We do not offer an out of the box  solution for either bulk outbound SMS "blasting" or recipient "opt-out" today.  The intended use / support of our SMS feature is 1-to-1 SMS between an end user and his/her clients (like a cell to cell text would be).

That said, you may be able to leverage our RingCentral Connect Platform / SMS API to develop a custom integration that would allow for this.  Please visit https://developer.ringcentral.com/ for more information.

Also, this would require custom development from a developer within your organization or contracted by your organization.  Costs are generally variable based on the scope of work for the project.

Best,

Andy Thompson

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.