Do we have Caller ID Name with our account?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: General Maintenance https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/why-was-my-post-removed

Just wondering if we are on an account that allows the Caller ID Name, and if so, it hasn't been working. If not, can I be explained what would be required to get that started?
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alex, you should have all of our CNAM features. We added outbound CNAM to Canadian Office accounts earlier this year, but that shouldn't have affected you. Do you mean that the people you call don't see your company name in their caller ID field?
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
My question was more towards incoming calls...is that something that should be active here? We have the caller ID for the number, but no name.
Photo of Raymond Shaw

Raymond Shaw

• 60 Points
I would like to know how we get inbound caller ID as well. We just joined ring central this week.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Alex and Raymond - give your account managers a call and they can provide more info. Let me know if you don't have an AM.
Photo of LimoMan

LimoMan

• 556 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Ben,

When we call out our caller id shows what is entered as the extension name and not our company name. The field in company setting is correct with our company name. But when we call out it shows the name of the person extension. We want our company name to show on all out going call just like all out going calls shows our company phone number. I have talk to support several several time about this. I keep getting the same answer "I Don't Know, It should work". It now has been over a year and nothing still has not been done.

I'm also having issues with auto call recording, and again can not seem to get any help...
When you set up a custom greeting for auto call recording it plays the default greeting in queue calls. Now it does work correct in extension calls. Its now been almost 4 months and I just keep getting the same answer "We are working on it".

Does Ring Central care about its customers???

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help.
Photo of LimoMan

LimoMan

Ben,

When we call out our caller id shows what is entered as the extension name and not our company name. The field in company setting is correct with our company name. But when we call out it shows the name of the person extension. We want our company name to show on all out going call just like all out going calls shows our company phone number. I have talk to support several several time about this. I keep getting the same answer "I Don't Know, It should work". It now has been over a year and nothing still has not been done.

I'm also having issues with auto call recording, and again can not seem to get any help...
When you set up a custom greeting for auto call recording it plays the default greeting in queue calls. Now it does work correct in extension calls. Its now been almost 4 months and I just keep getting the same answer "We are working on it".

Does Ring Central care about its customers???

Thanks in advance, I hope you can help.
Photo of lmoreau

lmoreau

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem, we just signed up and when I call my new RingCentral # from my cell phone, the softphone rings and only shows my number not name. If I call my landline, or our old VoIP system it always shows my name. It's not because it's in a directory, my cell phone with Rogers always sends out our actual name.
Photo of LimoMan

LimoMan

Please accept my apology, I just check on the custom greeting for auto call recording and they have fixed it. So it all works good now. Would have been nice if they me know what was going on since I asked. Still checking into the caller ID issue.
Photo of Jason Groth

Jason Groth

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem here.  Only our number shows up. I have told them this in the past but nothing has changed.  Has this issue received any attention since these last posts?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jason, the enhanced caller ID or Enhanced CNAM is only available on the Premium and Enterprise Office Editions.

If you have the standard, you will only get the number

I hope this helps

thanks

Cchuck
Certified Ring Central installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of LimoMan

LimoMan

Cchuck, I think we are on the Premium Office, but our caller ID does not work properly or well it didn't last time I check.  Can you check and see if we are set up correctly.  My office number is 317-484-8484.  Thanks
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Limo Man, I don't have access to the accounts.  Just login and under the billing tab there is a service plan tab

This will tell you Standard, enterprise or premium

Thanks

Chuck
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 70 Points
Why does RingCentral not offer Caller ID with Name as part of its Standard service? Caller ID with Name is a basic feature and has been a standard feature on phones for 20+ years.

It appears the only way to get Caller ID with Name is to buy the Premium or Enterprise plans - I presume there's no "reason" why Caller ID could not be included with the Standard plan? It seems like a misguided marketing ploy to require users upgrade to the higher plan. Vonage Business does not charge extra for Caller ID with Name.

Thoughts?

Dan
Photo of A+

A+

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What plan is needed to get inbound caller ID to work?.

When calls come into the App or SoftPhone, only the number displays. Is there a certain plan we should have purchased to get inbound caller ID to work?
Photo of Alain Lacroix

Alain Lacroix

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just found out as a Canadian subscribers of the premium plan is not available even if it says it's included on their price comparison page.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Alain,  I just wanted to update you on this and let you know I'm trying to get clarification. It may have something to do with certain carriers. It's possible that our system has the ability but it's getting dropped by one of the carriers, but I'll find out and update you. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Alain,   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I did get some clarification on this issue.  Basically our system does support the CNAM feature and it is included in Canadian Premium and Enterprise accounts.  This is also supported by the major carriers in Canada, however there are some smaller ones that do not, and therefor it is "hit and miss" with some customers. 
Photo of viorel.anghel

viorel.anghel

• 70 Points
@Mike. The incomming caller id is NOT working for canadian customers. My home number is with Bell (so a big company). The name is never displayed on Ring Central phone. So, you advertise a feature that you are not able to offer. End of the line. I'm curios if any canadian in the forum can confirm an incomming caller id
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

viorel.anghel ,   Feel fee to open a case.  I can't guarantee they can make it work, but it doesn't hurt to try. 

Photo of Lee Moreau

Lee Moreau

• 60 Points
Does not work for me which is why we cancelled our trial over a year ago, I'd appreciate if you'd stop emailing me non stop whenever someone posts here as Ring Central is terrible. We are in Canada and caller ID never worked properly. Our IVR was choppy all the time as well when we'd call it from a land line, and when I opened a ticket I was told "there's no way to change the volume of the IVR sorry." even though I said nothing about volume. Must better options out there.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Lee Moreau ,  If you are getting emails for each post, then you have subscribed to this thread.  Just click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of the emails you get and they will stop. 

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of viorel.anghel

viorel.anghel

• 70 Points
@mike: I already do it. No change. And now I just looking for a company to replace ringcentral. But please read again: false advertising. Right?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.