Does the Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery Fee apply to the virtual line for analog devices?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
I'm considering adding an analog device  Virtual Line. Does all, partial or none of the Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery Fee apply to the Virtual Line?
Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 27,672 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Just to clarify, when you say "analog device" are you referring to an extension?  Also, what is your definition of a "Virtual Line"?
Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

Thanks Danno - add a line with a fax machine on my account.  I was told there is a "virtual line" option at $4.99 month.  does that help clarify?
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 27,018 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It does.  The $4.99 subscription is only subject to one "Al Gore tax" - FUSF (Federal Universal Service Fee).
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Is the "Fax" for incoming, outgoing or both?
Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

cool thanks Danno for the insight on which fee applies. - analog fax is for both outbound and inbound
Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

would you happen to be able to explain how usage is treated?  is it metered? part of the "unlimited" or somewhere in between?  thank you. 
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

This is where it can get a little sticky.  Not sure if the person who recommended the $4.99 subscription (virtual line) for fax gave you all the 411 on it.  But it any case, if the virtual line receives more than 10 calls a month, you are subject to 'mobile user' fee; which is the full price.
Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

It wasnt totally clear to me how usage was treated - your response helps!  this is a very limiting offer.  when you say the "mobile user fee" - can you provide what that price is? 
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Search the Community for MOBILE USERS and that's where RC explains.  Whatever you are paying for a full subscription with you other users is the mobile user fee. 
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Here's a real live invoice with mobile user fees.

Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

Great info - thank you Danno. if charged the mobile user fee then usage is considered "unlimited" - therefore not metered, just like the other types (RC Office Plans, Digital Lines),  correct? 
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

You are correct sir!
Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

thanks for providing the valuable insights and sticking with me with my questions. 
Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

Hello Danno - a follow up question - lets say I had over 10 calls one month and was charged the mobile user fee, if the next month was below 10 calls, would I be charged the lower Virtual line fee or does it always stay at the full price mobile user fee regardless of usage going forward?  thanks in advance. 
Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

Hello Danno - a follow up question - lets say I had over 10 calls one month and was charged the mobile user fee, if the next month was below 10 calls, would I be charged the lower Virtual line fee or does it always stay at the full price mobile user fee regardless of usage going forward?  thanks in advance. 
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

$4.99 each and every month.  For the months you go over, you'll pay an additional $34.99 (referencing the example PIC above) but just for that month.  Oh, plus taxes an Al Gore fees.
Photo of Keith Dematteo

Keith Dematteo

wasn't thinking its an uplift, was thinking line type change.
thank you so much for your detailed answers