Does the Softphone software run in a RDP or Citrix Server Enviroment?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

Hello,
I have a customer that has no computer's, just Wyse Dell Thin Clients that they RDP into the main RDP Server. Each person has their own login profile and the RDP Server shares all the same programs.
Will the Ring Central software run in this enviroment?
Thanks!
Photo of Jeff Gerow-Ellis

Jeff Gerow-Ellis

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jeff,

Good question and I'm not 100% sure of the answer.

Take a look here:

http://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/Call-Controller-Minimum-Requirements?re...

The post mentions what you have to have running for our Softphone to work. But this is a bit different.

Community: Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks.

Desiree

Photo of Avy Silva

Avy Silva

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jeff,

It sounds like you want to install the app on a primary server that can launch instances of the app when users log into their workstations based on that user's profile. Is this correct?

The app was not originally designed to support that capability therefore it's untested in that type of environment and so it's not supported.

Thanks!
Avy
Photo of Jeff Gerow-Ellis

Jeff Gerow-Ellis

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
No not really,
What I have with this customer is a Citrix/RDP Server that all of the employee's log into. Once they log into it they can run all of the Software on this server under there login profile.
The employye does not have a workstation PC. They are running on a thin client that only gives them access to the Server login.

I am trying to figure out if your softphone will run in a Citrix/RDP enviroment?

Thanks,

Jeff
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

Hi Jeff,

I'm not confident this setup will work.

Community -  Has anyone set this up before?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

Hey Jeff!

There hasn't been a reply on this thread in a while so I'm setting this to "Answered".

If this is not answered, please let me know right away and I'll reopen the topic!

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of nightbeast

nightbeast

• 60 Points
Hi Desiree,
The company I work for also uses this environment of thin clients connecting to one central Server and would like to know if there has been an progress made on this issue. For short term we only run it on one profile due to the conflict there is when multiple instances of the software are run on the server, but we would like to make it more efficient on everyone to be able to run the software under there profile at the same time.

Thank you,
Ian Robinson

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.