Desktop App: Drag and drop files

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Could be nice if you can "drag and drop" a file, specially pictures and docs to a coworker, using the Chat/Text window of the Desktop App.

I know, I know... this is "phone app", it was designed for voice and SMS between phones, but, as other post says, the app should "detect" if the message is coming/going to other app inside the network (so does not need to go all the way up and down to the internet servers, if the other recipient is some feet from my desk and in the same LAN).

Many chatting apps can do this since long time ago, RingCentral should takes that good features and integrate these into the Desktop App.
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 13,980 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andy Thompson

Andy Thompson, Sales Engineer (SE)

• 706 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Claudio,

I'd recommend test driving Glip (recently acquired by RingCentral)!  It is a comprehensive collaboration tool that solves for this need (and much much more).

See www.glip.com for details and let us know what you think!

Best,

Andy Thompson
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 13,980 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I know about Glip, snce RingCentral announced the purchase of this company, I started to test and exploring their capabilities and how we can integrate to our business. But when I was asking about when will be integrated with our RingCentral app, nobody knows yet... Could be at the end of this year? Still, is not clear.
So for now I want to keep providing ideas about how we can make the app (and the service) be better for all the users/customers (like us). If this happens soon with Glip embebed in the RC app, great, if is not yet, should be good to have this features soon, because the market is tough and around the corner are several others providers competing with same or better capabilities...
Photo of Clarity IT

Clarity IT

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Drag & drop feature --suggested by us -any updates.

Sometimes, we do not use the system; conference, video, since there are too many steps to setup--for all possible items, we really wanted system to use drag & drop feature --Answer a call, transfer the call, forward the call, join or start video call; start a video or conference, text, transfer, park, place a call on hold, or send to any voicemail with a simple mouse click. which we highly suggested at the time---any updates on this?
Photo of Bear

Bear

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Desktop App: drag and drop faxes on RingCentral for Desktop.

the softphone used to allow us to use drag and drop after viewing a fax.  the new ringcental fax for windows does not have the drag and drop feature.  this causes twice as many clicks just to save a fax.  Unbelievable useless time waster and unnecessary as we previously had feature and felt it was one of the top features in softphone.
Photo of Lezli Brightwell

Lezli Brightwell

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I agree.  One portion of my job deals with data entry of approximately 200 separate faxes each week.  The extra clicks for these make this one small portion of my job take twice as long as it should.  Is there a work around? The old 'drop and drag' was perfect, please bring it back!

I was told there is no capability of drag and drop on the new update. I really hope they bring this back. I can drag and drop on every single program I use for work except Ring Central now, which is a main component. I had to upgrade a co-worker's desktop app because the old one stopped working and figured this out. I will delay upgrading any of our other computers until they fix this. Takes so much more time and many more clicks to attach a file.

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Erdey Insurance Agency, Inc please note the Legacy Softphone is retired and no longer supported.  Please update the other users in the office.  Then go to Settings > Feedback and let them know about the missing feature.  
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Please LIKE in the upper right corner to request this feature. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,738 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Drag'n Drop for fax attachments has now been implemented!   Just drop the files into the box as shown in the image below.