Easy copy paste for text messages

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
It'll be awesome if you guys can improve the system for  a very easy way to copy and paste the text conversations, right now you need to select (Click+drag) each message, right click (copy), and then you can paste it, but you only can do 1 message at the time.

I hope you can upgrade this.
Photo of Javier Elizalde

Javier Elizalde

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of David Rubin

David Rubin

• 60 Points
Did they ever follow up on this?  I am trying to find a good way to save the text conversations to my case files. 
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Have you two looked into RingCentral Archiver?
Photo of Dan Vlamis

Dan Vlamis

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Any update on this?  I need this as well. UI design appears simple to me: 1. click pencil icon to enable multi-select. 2. click the messages you want to copy (check mark used to DELETE messages currently), 3. Right-click any selected message and choose "Copy".  It would copy all selected messages to the clipboard.  Doesn't seem difficult to me for Ring Central to implement.  RingCentral Archiver is like driving a nail with a sledge hammer.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, Dan. I have not received any type of ETA on if/when this may become available. 
Photo of Dave Kinkade

Dave Kinkade

• 60 Points
This is incredibly frustrating.  I can see a long text message conversation thread on my RingCentral mobile phone app but cannot copy it or share it.  In the course of business, sometimes archiving and sharing these communications is essential.  

Photo of theresa

theresa

• 72 Points
not only is it necessary, but for business it is imperative!  When a client disputes what has been communicated, in my line of work this is absolutely essential. 
Photo of lagirard

lagirard

• 60 Points
Any recent update on this?

Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 5,832 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Not yet! We'll make sure to post when we know more info. 
Photo of Jim Wilhelmsen

Jim Wilhelmsen

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
If you install the RingCentral for Google Chrome extension then you can highlight the entire text conversation and copy it out.  When you log in with your account then you will see all your existing conversations.