Editing Polycom VVW 410 phone sidecar - page 1 locked.

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Answered
Editing the Sidecar on my Polycom VVW410.  Page 1 monitors whether users are online.  I cannot update the names.  I can on page 2 and 3.
Photo of Rhonda Kinna

Rhonda Kinna

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Luke

Luke, U.S. Tier 1 Support

• 3,774 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rhonda. Just so I'm understanding you, are you wanting to rename some of the presence items on the main phone display, or are you trying to move presence items on the main phone display? If you could provide a screenshot of the presence settings you have on your phone from https://service.ringcentral.com, along with a description of what you are trying to change, that would be a good way for me to see how you have it set up.

We also have some guides on updating presence for phones. We have one on
Setting Up Presence for Users that can monitor others,
Setting Up Presence for Users that can be monitored by others, and a
Presence Frequently Asked Questions page that could be helpful.

Let me know if those help you out at all. Thanks.
Photo of Rhonda Kinna

Rhonda Kinna

Hi Luke,  No, this has nothing to do with presence at all.  My main phone has no one being monitored all the keys/buttons are for incoming calls.  This is about editing the names and favourites on the sidecar only.  Page one seems to be locked and I can't do any editing.  Page one monitors for me whose line is busy.  Page two I use for tranferring calls and page 3 I can transfer to voicemails.
Photo of Luke

Luke, U.S. Tier 1 Support

• 2,730 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
The display settings for sidecars could be set either with the presence options on the RingCentral service site, or they could be set directly on the Polycom device itself. It is hard to say which option you are using to set up the system.

If your phone administrator set the phone up for you they may know how to best accommodate your needs for your phone's display and sidecar (expansion module).

If you set up the options on the display of your phone by using only the phone's interface, the best resources would be the Polycom VVX 410 user guide, or the Polycom guide for expansion modules (sidecars).

You can find out if the display items are set up with RingCentral's presence options by logging into https://service.ringcentral.com, then navigate to the "Settings" option in the top menu. Then view your presence options by selecting "Phones & Numbers" in the blue list and choosing "Presence".
After that you can scroll through the list and navigate through the pages to see if there are any items set up for presence through your RingCentral settings.
There is also a "Preview" button in this list to see how RingCentral would configure the presence on your phone.

I would make sure not to make any changes here in case your settings are stored locally on the phone, as changes made online would overwrite locally stored settings.
(Edited)
Photo of Rhonda Kinna

Rhonda Kinna

Hi Luke,

We do it on the sidecar through our phone.  The link you provided for the user manual for the expansion module is not working.  Do you have a new link?

Thank you for your help.
Rhonda
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 19,380 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Rhonda,

I clicked on both links and they directed me to the correct area. Could you clarify "not working"?
Photo of Rhonda Kinna

Rhonda Kinna

Hi Saadet,

It said not working when I clicked on it a couple of times but not the link is working.  Sorry for the trouble.  

Rhonda
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 27,898 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No worries, Rhonda! I'm glad it's working now :)