Automatic emailing of call recordings

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
The ability to email call recordings to the owner of the account or phone number on the account. This would alleviate the issue of signing/logon to the web to download or play the recording.

Account type: U.S.
Business: 800response.com (current customer)
Photo of Steph Lathrop

Steph Lathrop

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,378 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello Steph Lathrop

We'll leave this as an active feature request.  It is currently only possible to have faxes and voicemails forwarded.   Take a look at the following page for detailed instructions. You can go into the Messages & Notifications page, and set up the option to email the attachment to whatever email address you wish. 

Editing a User's Messages and Notifications Settings through the RingCentral Online Account
(Edited)
Photo of Client Service

Client Service

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike, I don't see the ability to recorded phone calls sent as a notification, I only see the option for voice mails, fax, sms, or missed calls.  
Photo of Fimerica Admin

Fimerica Admin

• 60 Points
If emailing is an issue, the ability to have them saved to an online storage provided by ringcentral or another vendor would be helpful.  The 90 day deletion time period is too short. 
Photo of Paul King

Paul King

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The question was about automatically emailing the recording to an email address. I would like to be able to set a specific company email address at the end of each day.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Thanks for the clarification. I'll re-title this to reflect the difference and so that it gets consideration from our product team. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Sorry for the confusion. The original post was edited after I provided that response above. (which I'll now edit).  It's possible to have faxes and voicemails forwarded, but not call recordings, which is why we left this as an active feature request.

Mike
Photo of Staci Allen

Staci Allen

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Option to have recordings automatically e-mailed.

It would be very helpful if once a call was recorded, you had the option of that recording being automatically e-mialed to you so that you do not have to log in and forward it. Thanks!
Photo of Client Service

Client Service

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Recording Delivery Feature Request.

Allow call recordings to be delivered by email notification including the recording attachment the same as faxes, voice mails, and sms texts.  Also, include the recording extension with the info email.  We would save the recording to the client record for documentation of the call.  It would save considerable time eliminating the need to login continually to retrieve recordings. 
Photo of Tom Stokes

Tom Stokes

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Forward recordings in the same manner as voicemail.

1. RingCentral Office 20 line
2. Commercial Real Estate
3. Automatic email forwarding of recordings in the same manner as voicemail with relevant information such as phone number, time, date, and who made the recording.
4. We take recordings of tenant prospects with their name, phone number, and email address along with which property they're interested in so we can email them leasing information. Having to navigate to the website for the recordings wastes a lot of time. If they could be automatically forwarded to the email we choose with the phone number, time, and date like the voicemails are that would save tons of time.
5. Time saved and annoyance avoided - it just makes sense to have the option of automatic forwarding of recordings.
6. n/a
7. Thirty (30)
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 60 Points

We have specific managers who are supposed to listen to recorded calls for training purposes that should not see any other calls on the log screen. It's bad enough there is no way to send those calls on a daily email with the links to the recordings themselves - can you at least create a view that only shows calls recorded and not every one? I know that you can filter by extension but that is a nightmare and managers manage - they are not technical :)